Unexpected Guest

In this story AC's game was unfair, don't you think?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    edited March 2016
    In what what way?

OUTSTANDING!!!

You found the eighth little soldier boy!  If you’ve come this far, you should congratulate yourself on your sleuthing skills!

There are a lot of other notable adaptations of And Then There Were None.  Christie’s own stage adaptation is not the only play version of the story.  Kevin Elyot, who scripted episodes of Agatha Christie’s Poirot and Marple, wrote his own adaptation, which was produced in 2005.  This version kept the book’s original ending, and was notable for including an elaborate shifting art-deco set and particularly graphic deaths, including projectile vomiting after poisoning.

A 1965 Bollywood musical Gumnaam was also loosely based on And Then There Were None, with the crimes and characterizations changed, and numerous songs and dance numbers integrated into the plot.  Notably, the ending of this movie is one of the happiest of any adaptation of And Then There Were None, with a surprisingly large number of survivors.

One more word has been scribbled on the base of the statuette!  It says, “Thomas.”  The pattern continues, but how could all of these names point towards the Mystery Man’s true identity?

• edubeltranedubeltran Catalonia, Spain
    SPOILER I
     somehow I agree with you. Although it probably wasn't the first time she used that particular trick, I think she cheated a bit. One thing is a character telling you some relative is dead, it's up to the reader to suspect every word and be aware that someone (or more than one character) may be lying. However, when the information comes from a police statement the reader automatically assumes that it's always a neutral and true statement. This is, however, one of my favourite Christie plays, especially because of the ending, of course. I liked the idea of not pairing them off.