The first look reveal of the Murder on the Orient Express cast

TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
Today, Entertainment Weekly revealed the first look images of the ensemble Murder on the Orient Express cast! Follow the link to their website to see the magazine cover which is out on Friday: http://bit.ly/2qEKOtP
Fox have also revealed their Clues Are Everywhere website which enables people to uncover content and pictures from the upcoming film. Find out more about it here: http://bit.ly/2qEB4ji 

Comments

• I'm going to be honest . . . . that moustache on Kenneth Branagh is so fake and looks so awful! Poirot is supposed to have the finest moustaches in England. I don't know what that is! This adaptation of Orient Express is going to be just as bad as the one with Alfred Molina from 2001. I'll stick with the 1974 version. That is the best version of the story and though Alfred Finney's moustache isn't the best, I'll take that one over the fake one we'll get in the new adaptation
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    The costume design, art direction/production, and costumes all look fitting, except for Poirot's mustache. It is distracting. Otherwise, this looks like a very high-quality film. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Who Plays Bouc, McQueen, Hardman, Foscarelli and The Doctor?

• Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    This may help with regards to the actors who play which character.
    Some of The People Chosen make me hopeful but a lot I have never heard of (7 of the Bottom 2 Rows and with the Exception of Depp the Right hand side, I will reserve Judgement until I have seen it
  • edited May 2017
    I'm not too excited about the film and my expectations are not high at all but when it comes to the theaters I'll go and watch it. It's been a long time since I been to the theater and it wouldn't hurt going out, eating some popcorn, soda, and candy, and watching a book based on Christie's book on the big screen. I never experienced an Agatha Christie film in the theater. It would be even better to watch a Christie film that was faithful and respectful to the story. By the time the film comes out I will have already read the book (I hope) and I'll be taking mental note of the changes and similarities to the book and to the 1974 film and the David Suchet one.
  • I noticed from the poster that there is a Pilar Estravados. Um . . . she wasn't in Murder On The Orient Express, she was in Hercule Poirot's Christmas! I'm guessing they wanted to be a little bit more international and exotic in their casting which is why they have Pilar Estravados as a Hispanic version Greta Ohlson who was a white Swedish missionary, Biniamino Marquez as a Cuban version of Foscarelli, and a black version of Colonel Arbuthnot, who in the film is now a doctor. Honestly, I see Willem Dafoe more as Ratchett than Johnny Depp. We'll see how Depp plays him but for now, he seems miscast in the role. Dafoe can play mean, cruel, uncaring characters very easily and I think he would play it a lot better than Depp. 
    If They aren't going to give Characters the right names why Bother, It just Angers People.
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States

I noticed from the poster that there is a Pilar Estravados. Um . . . she wasn't in Murder On The Orient Express, she was in Hercule Poirot's Christmas! I'm guessing they wanted to be a little bit more international and exotic in their casting which is why they have Pilar Estravados as a Hispanic version Greta Ohlson who was a white Swedish missionary, Biniamino Marquez as a Cuban version of Foscarelli, and a black version of Colonel Arbuthnot, who in the film is now a doctor. Honestly, I see Willem Dafoe more as Ratchett than Johnny Depp. We'll see how Depp plays him but for now, he seems miscast in the role. Dafoe can play mean, cruel, uncaring characters very easily and I think he would play it a lot better than Depp. 

Maybe there was an error on the poster. On IMDB it says Greta Ohlsson.
  • I googled murder on the orient express penelople cruz, and in several places found her character listed as Pilar! However, here:  https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/03/first-images-murder-orient-express-featuring-star-studded-cast/
    There is a picture of her from the movie, and going by her dress she is some kind of servant, nanny or matron, so Greta Ohlsson character seems more likely. 
    And here is a quote from perioddrama: "Penelope Cruz is Pilar Estravados, the missionary who actually isn’t a stranger to rough situations." So it seems she is given Pilar's name but Greta's role.
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    Tuppence, why is there no mention of Agatha Christie on anything to do with this film?
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Dr.Sheppard, you're right that Christie's name isn't as prominently mentioned as one would think it would be.  Though Christie is mentioned lots of times in the various interviews and news articles, her name isn't on the teaser poster, although there is a "Based on the novel by Agatha Christie" line amongst the general credits of the teaser trailer.  I'm not sure why "Agatha Christie" isn't featured more prominently.