General Review: Taken At The Flood

Can someone be kind enough to tell that if 'Taken At The Flood' is worth a read?

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    edited November 2013
    To tell you the truth, it depends on your expectations.  I think it's Ok, average. You can have great moments reading it. But, it is not a masterpiece. If you want to read something marvelous, outstanding, you will be disappointed.
    On the other hand, it isn't Passenger to Frankfurt neither Postern of Fate. It isn't bad.

• I think the story starts off very well, but drags a little. The end makes me rather annoyed. But yes, it's worth reading. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I like The Book, I like Spence but Miss Quin Is right, It drags, but Rather than feeling annoyed at the end a bit of me thinks it is a blessed relief, but should be Read for the School Curriculum.
  • StuartBarnettStuartBarnett Connecticut, United States
    Begging to differ--I think it's a wonderful novel. I think the key is to shift your expectations. This isn't a traditional whodunnit with Poirot leading the charge right at the outset. There is more than a dash of a Westmacott novel in this. Poirot takes a while to even show up (after the brief beginning). Instead, what is investigated is the large-scale social and psychological changes that took place in England right after the war. It is also the complex story of a family shocked out of a state of long-term dependency.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Yes, People intending to read this book mustn't read it expecting it to be an easy read or a light one like Mrs McGinty's Dead, Cat Among The Pigeons, CardsOn The Table, and ABC Murders which I prsonally prefer but It is good
  • AjisaiAjisai USA
    edited November 2016
    Annnd I finally got one!  I guessed right about a few things in this novel!  :)