Which novel to buy

Hi everyone, 
i'm 15 and have just started reading Agatha Christie, and i'm already in love with these mystery novels! So please tell me which novel would be good for a beginner?
I have read "Appointment with Death" and "4.50 from Paddington". so i was thinking of buying Murder on Orient Express and The Murder of roger ackroyd.

Comments

• "The ABC Murders" is the one to hook you, but yes, the two you suggest are both masterpieces of mystery  :)
  • @johnwaynefreak you say "The ABC Murder"? okay then i'll try that first! 
  • Death On The Nile is very good too. In fact I can reel off a list of great Christie novels, so you have alot to look forward to! 
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Everybody will have their own favourite, and will try to influence you. Read any of Agatha Christie's books and choose your own, soon one of them will become your favourite.
  • At the age of 10 I got hooked on 'One Two Buckle My shoe'.
  • I suggest "and then they were none" n "the murder of Roger Ackroyd" or " tha ABC murder"
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

I would suggest And then there were None, Cards on the Table, Death on the Nile, and Evil Under the Sun.

• Hey thanks all for your suggestions ! 
  • @ianthepoet your words are so true. 
  • DeanDean United Kingdom
    I think they are both good to buy but I think Poirot Investigates is good. It's a list of short stories and I think it is quite good.
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    IndraneilChoudhuryTourayaLombard. And Then There Were None is a great book and it is the one that got me hooked on AC. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I started with ABC Murders or Cards On The Table, I can't remember which and they got me hooked, my first Tommy and Tuppence book was N or M about the same time or you could start with 4.50 From Paddington my first Miss Marple which I read some time later or Why Didn't They Ask Evans? my first Non-Series book which I read some time after 4.50 From Paddington
  • edited May 2014
    What a great question! "Appointment with Death" and "4.50 from Paddington" strike me as having some similar features, which if you enjoyed, you might like another Agatha Christie novel in the same style. SPOILERS
    Appointment with Death gives a glimpse into village life, the spinster-killer,  and a motive that requires digging into the past.
    4.50 from Paddington starts with village life and elderly ladies, but quickly veers to the Capable Young Lady - effeciant, yet attractive. Added are the rogues, the English cultural lifestyle, and the charming murderer.
    Since, afterall, they seem to run on very different lines, I'm going to recommend an Agatha Christie novel of each type:
    1. Murder is Easy.
    2. The Man in the Brown Suit.
    IndraneilChoudhury

Appointment with Death gives a glimpse into village life, the spinster-killer,  and a motive that requires digging into the past.

That sounds more like Murder is Easy to me!

• SunsetsSunsets Philippines
    There are many good books of Agatha Christie's. I've read "Murder On The Orient Express" but not the other. I suggest reading TMOTOE

@anne.clough.3, It's similar to Murder is Easy which is why I recommended the latter, thinking that whoever enjoyed the one would appreciate the other.
    I described "Murder is Announced" that way because it all takes place in the village - from the announcement in the village paper, all the villagers gathering in the neighbor's house, and the focus on several villagers. The killer is a spinster - one of those respectable middle-aged females, who you'd never think would commit a murder! Her reasons for doing so - involve the past; what happened in her life vrs. her sister's, etc.

@anne.clough.3, It's similar to Murder is Easy which is why I recommended the latter, thinking that whoever enjoyed the one would appreciate the other.
    I described "Murder is Announced" that way because it all takes place in the village - from the announcement in the village paper, all the villagers gathering in the neighbor's house, and the focus on several villagers. The killer is a spinster - one of those respectable middle-aged females, who you'd never think would commit a murder! Her reasons for doing so - involve the past; what happened in her life vrs. her sister's, etc.
    Yes that is "A Murder is Announced" but you wrote "Appointment With Death".
  • I'm going to drop this because it's getting too confusing. My point was just that to illustrate that the novels already read were similar to those I've recommended.
  • and then they were none, cards on the table , hallowe'n party and three blind mice