BOOK OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY 2019 – GIANT'S BREAD

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
Hello!  This month we'll be talking about Giant's Bread, one of Christie's six Mary Westmacott novels.  This is a story of a tortured musical genius, and his life, loves, and losses.  Please talk about it here!

Comments

• I never read the Mary Westmacott books but I'm definitely interested when I read the synopsis of the books, including Giant's Bread. It appears as though the Westmacott books are more literary and plumbs the depths of human nature and the heart like certain mysteries penned by Christie herself such as The Hollow, Five Little Pigs, and Sad Cypress. A story about a tortured musician intrigues me. I will keep this title on my TBR (to-be-read) list. 
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    The Mary Westmacott novels are all thought to be Agatha Christie's way of expressing her anxieties at the break up of her marriage to Archie. Some of the character's names are taken from 'real life' and the occupations and plot relate to what was happening in Christie's life at the time they were written. With the growing success of her detective novels, she could not have written these stories under her own name.