My Detective

"He was hardly more than five feet four inches but carried himself with great dignity. His head was exactly the shape of an egg, and he always perched it a little on one side. His mustache was very stiff and military. Even if everything on his face was covered, the tips of mustache and the pink-tipped nose would be visible."
This was how Arthur Hastings had defined Poirot.. how would u envision your  own detective ???  

Comments

• Nice question.
    i wld like my detective to be thin and aquiline, a bit like sherlock holmes or william of baskerville.
  • edited December 2013
    It's so hard to think of a detective who is so original. There's been detectives who are as evil as the criminals they chase. Then there's detectives who are vampires, or who are glamourous. Then there are amateur detectives who are elderly spinsters, gardeners, doctors, Priests, Nuns and even Oscar Wilde.  In fact, in the world or literature,  just about anyone seems to be able to solve crime! 

I think my idea of a detective would be someone unobtrusive, who appears ordinary but is a mastermind. Although that's probably be done before.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    My Detective would have the Intelligents of Holmes and Hercule, The Compassion of Hercule, Battle and Lord Peter Wimsey, the Humour of Wimsey, Tommy Beresford and Bobby Jones and also the Rakishness of Tommy and Bobby, He would also be able to call on the Expertise of others and enjoys  his own company while also liking the company of others