4 LITTLE PIGS , 1 BIG PIG: PART- II

I read this book fairly quickly and its structure and the way it is laid out with Poirot tapped into my great love (or should that be obsession) of organisation.I know some people pour scorn on Christie use of nursery rhyme titles as titles of her novels – but I think it is a clever tool to build stories around and of seeing how something so innocent can be so devilish in murder! I am sure many of us remember having our toes tickled as babies and that rhyme somehow penetrating the psyche somewhere along the line. Allow me to put characters with the appropriate pigs.

This little piggy went to market. Phillip Blake a man who dealt in stocks and shares

This little piggy stayed at home. Meredith Blake the man with an interest in poisons and stays at home to indulge in it.

This little piggy had roast beef, Elsa Greer. The women who has everything, the best now Lady Dittisham

This little piggy had none. Miss Williams, the tutor and governess who leads a simple life but very principled.

And this little piggy went “Wee! Wee! Wee!” all the way home. Angela Warren, Caroline’s sister and rather a boisterous young girl who places no relevance to the actions at the time but only in retrospect and with an adult knowledge does she understand.  Five pigs, the five suspects and one man to solve it all Hercule Poirot. Poirot does not deal with just the facts, if he did then I feel he would not have survived past his first case. Poirot deals with the psychology.

Comments

• INSIGHTFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL