Agatha Christie festival

Hi, everyone!I am huge admirer of Agatha Christie's work I am very keen to explore, learn new things and exchange thoughts with other admirers. I am currently preparing my Master's Dissertation Project on literary tourism and my passion of Agatha Christie has lead me to decision to focus my research on the annual literary festival of Agatha Christie, taking place in her birth town Torquay. My desire and request is if anyone of you have been there I will be very thankful to share with me his/her impressions of this experience and to take part of my survey, which I am now designing. Y.Stoyanova

Comments

• My deepest congratulations for pursuing your Master's Degree! I wish you great success. I will not be attending, however to help you, the best advice I can give you is if your university is in your town, make bi-weekly appointments with your university's Writing Center.

After finishing each section of my dissertation, the writing center was able to help me tighten-up and expand where necessary. By the time I wrote my final section I never had to go back and fix any part of prior research & reporting work.

Good luck & best wishes Yuliya!

• Thank you Cynthia Anderson for you advices, it is very kind and I appreciate it highly :)

Best wishes to you too!
  • Hi YuliyaStoyanova I was at the Festival last year. If  I can help I would be happy to do so. However, I would point you in the direction of the English Riviera website, it has an archive of previous yeats and lots of interesting information about the activities. http://www.englishriviera.co.uk/
  • Hi Dr. Sheppard:) Thank you very much for the advices and for the proposed help. The site is really good, there is sufficient information, which can be useful for me :) .When I'm ready with my questionnaire I will send it to you. Your answers will be big help for my project and I will be very grateful if you know some other attendees, maybe your friends, which will agree to take part in the survey, just to send it to them as well.

Best wishes!
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Congrats on working towards your Master's.  It was one of the most difficult and satisfying things I have done in my life.....best of luck.
  • Thank you very much :)