Books Never to read again

2»

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    It's a pleasure, It was nice to be reminded of the story, I asked a friend who used to be on here and you asking meant I asked her and had a long-time query solved
  • ShaneBillingsShaneBillings Maine, United States
    I was not a huge fan of Why Didn't They Ask Evans?  However, I will admit that I read that one over several weeks, and I just don't think mysteries like Christie's are intended to be read over a long period of time.  I think if I had read it more quickly, paying more attention to clues, that I would have enjoyed it more.  It's on my reread list, which makes me realize that I haven't actually answered the question properly!

I never want to read The Man in the Brown Suit, The Mystery of the Blue Train, The Big Four, or Destination Unkown.  Or Dumb Witness.
  • I re-read any AC happily, but then I always re-read. If I have read a book just once, that means I do not like it. But my least favourite books are The Man in the Brown Suit, maybe the Big Four. I like Death Comes as the End. The later books like Postern of Fate, Elephants can Remember, etc. irritate me because of the inconsistencies and loose ends, but then AC was old when she wrote them.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I read Strange Jest last night, The Character in The saying isn't the Character mentioned in the Letter sorry but the rest is right.
  • I read love detectives again yesterday and finally I understood it it's just need to be focused while reading it which I did and it's not bad ... but my only question is why they tried to prove - the murderers I mean - that the personal servant is the murderer?  does anyone knows?
  • The only one that comes to mind for me is Murder in Mesopotamia. 
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Ordeal by Innocence I think was one of the diffrent written novels of AC nd I would happily reread it again.
    For me it was all about the horrible things one is capable of doing, all in the name of a good cause.

The adoptive-mother thinking she"s doing the right thing by adopting so many children but not allowing them to be themselves. Arthur thinking he's doing the right thing by giving Jacko an alibi without realising at first, how many other's he"s making a suspect.
    A novel that makes you look in the mirror. How many parents haven't silenced their kids by saying: I"m doing this for your best interest" and forgetting to ask what's their child's interest. How many of us get so obsessed by "doing the right thing" and forgetting that it is egoistical to only think about what is right for yourself. I have to be a good mother. I have to be a good citizen.I have to be a good neighbour etc. We still often forget to ask the other one what he/she thinks is right. You"ll be surprised at the answer you"ll get, just as surprised as I was finding out Jacko was not innocent but just being himself by letting someone else murder his adoptive-mother.