How long is an average Christie book?

LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
I did not find such a topic here (nor I found on the internet correct information, but I am also not good at finding things on the internet).
So, I have a question - how long are generally Agatha Christie's novels (in terms of words count)? For example, which is her shortest novel and which is her longest one (and how many words)?
And what about short stories? What is their average length?
Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Before Dead Man's Folly I think the last Christie books were just over the 200 mk, I do remember that I have in the last few months read one which are about 230 Pages but I think they are few and far between

• As far as words go I can't help you but usually the books are just under 200 pages in length. 
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    For the volume - I know. But it depends on the font and size (of letters and book). For example, the Bulgarian versions are around 200-250 pages and only the longest novels can come up to about 300 pages.
    What I really need to know is word count. I think they are short novels - about 30 000 words. I do not think that they come up to 60 000 words, which is a average length of a novel (as far as I remember from one previous search of mine on the internet). But I need a confirmation.
  • I would have thought it would be more like 40-50,000 Lyubomir, I don't think they're quite as short as 30,000.
  • DhawalDhawal Ahmedabad, India
    edited June 2016
    According to Goodreads, By the pricking of my thumbs (1968) seems to be the shortest novel, Death on the Nile (1937) the second shortest.
    The longest one seems to be Dumb Witness (1937).
  • Dhawal said:
    According to Goodreads, By the pricking of my thumbs (1968) seems to be the shortest novel, Death on the Nile (1937) the second shortest.
    The longest one seems to be Dumb Witness (1937).
    That's odd because I always thought Death On The Nile was her longest book. 
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Yes, Death on the Nile is either the longest or second-longest mystery.