Poirot And Me.

ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
I'm reading Poirot and Me, by David Suchet and find it very insightful to David Suchet's knowledge of Poirot; he read every Poirot book and short stories. There are so many anecdotes that it makes for an enjoyable read.

Comments

• I had this book for Christmas and I found it so enjoyable. Suchet comes across as so warm and passionately dedicated to Poirot. He doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone. 

I found lot's of pieces interesting, but how the heat affected him in Egypt really made me think how difficult it is to play a man who insisted on wearing full suits at all times!  
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    It must have been rough, especially with his "armadillo suit."
  • ZeddieZeddie Ballymoney, United Kingdom
    I loved this book and my only criticism is that it wasn't long enough! I read it in two days over the christmas holidays and didnt want it to end!
    David Suchet's passion and fondness for the little Belgian is so evident in this book which makes me appreciate his hard work and dedication even more now.  I loved all the little anecdotes from his days filming and I am sure there are many more which I would love to hear.
    I wish the AC website could arrange a Q&A session with Mr Suchet, I have so many questions I would love to ask him!!
  • MoonrakerMoonraker Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    I loved the anecdote where the little old lady approached him in the street, thinking he really was Poirot. Very touching. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    If that ws the one on YouTube when he is doing and & A session that is great, he also told an anecdote about talking to a Couple, his mimicking is Great.
  • I liked the fact that every story is referenced, hoever, I wished it would go into more detail.
  • DeanDean United Kingdom
    Yes I enjoyed it as well I like those type of books it is so interesting and it tells how Poirot started and what happened. It's good. I got it for my birthday.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Just ordered it.  Here in Canada the tv version of Poirot and Me just aired.  I have to admit to having a tear in my eye at the end.  What a legend Suchet is and what an honor he has done to Agatha Christie and Poirot!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I have been given Poirot and Me today for my Birthday, Should I read it straight off or dip into it?, If I do the former I will read it after a Poirot story, If I dip into it I will read chapters after a Novel like I do with Short Stories and will read Chapters instead of Short stories, Any Thoughts?
  • myrto2myrto2 Attiki, Greece
    I took a detective story as a part of examinations at Cambridge univercity but I didnt got a lot of it as it was in English and Im from Greece