Lernean Hydra seemed familiar

I have just read the Poirot story Lernean Hydra about a doctor's wife who he is suspected of having poisoned. This story was really familiar and I think I read another Agatha Christie story very much like it - just without Poirot. Is anyone familiar with that story?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    It is ages since I read The Labours of Hercules and they aren't among my favourite stories so I won't be reading them again, and don't remember most of them but from your description, it might be you are thinking of a Miss Marple book but with that one the Murderer had a different Profession 
  • I can't quite think of another plot where a doctor poisons his wife. I've gotten quite stumped.  The Cornish Mystery has a woman who thinks her husband is poisoning her. But that has Poirot in the story. I think the adaption had the husband being close friends with a pharmacist. 

The Blue Germanium has a man, but not a doctor, suspected of being involved in his wife's death. But he wasn't a doctor. 

The Tuesday night Club had a man suspected of poisoning his wife via the doctors daughter who he might be having an affair with. 

Any of these? There's are no plot spoilers in the above topic, these are only facts from near the beginnings of the stories.