Chapter Six: Someone is Missing

TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
In the next chapter our of collaborative writing competition, someone is about to go missing.
Are they a suspect? A victim? The detective himself? Do they hold the one piece of evidence to prove the murderer's identity?

Leave your thoughts, ideas, comments and suggestions below.

DEADLINE FOR CHAPTER SIX IS 30TH MARCH 23:59 (GMT)

Comments

• Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    Looking forward to it!
    ~O)
    I was wondering if there was a telephone at Dower House? Don't seem to find any references in the chapters written so far. So could I Miss Blacklock own a telephone?
    ~O)
    yes, quite OK to put a phone in Dower House
    ~O)
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Yes, phones were around for decades, although many of them didn't work quite the same way as they do today.
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    Telephones were around but not everyone could afford them. However, if you recall from our story in Chapter three Reverend Norris says: 'There’s a phone in the sacristy. So that I can be contacted in an emergency.' They were made of Bakelite, quite heavy, and with a circular dial. The Number was formed from the name of the telephone district and a number. My parents had one for business purposes and I remember our own number in London being 'Vigilant 8828' - don't ask me how I remember.
    So, no problem with a telephone in the Dower House, Miss Blacklock could afford one. Who would she call?
    Thank you very much, Dr.Sheppard.I thought the phone in the sacristy would make exception from the rule, that's why I was unsure about placing a telephone in Dower House.

It is amazing the details we remember, isn't it? Now that we speak of telephones, our neighbor one floor above used to have something similar, probably placed on a marble table; we could hear it ring like it was in the next room. And the neighboring Lady living two floors above would walk with her wooden-sole shoes on her tiled hallway - we could hear that too.

Well, Miss Blacklock could keep in touch with her sister through the telephone? I much rather need one of her visitors to receive a phone call.

;)

Thanks again! Good luck with your chapter!
    ;;)
  • Hi there :)

The link under 'read the guidelines here' is not working with the error message '404'.

Thanks!
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    Hi @anna.sjardinkillick, thanks for letting us know.
    It should be working now :)

• TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    Winner announced for Chapter Six!

Thanks for all your brilliant writing - it's proving a tough competition!

YES!!! SOOOO HAPPY!!!
    It is such an honor to be winning an Agatha Christie writing competition!!! Thank you so much for this opportunity!! A dream come true!!! I am sooooo exited!
    Well, it paid off to wake up at 4am in order to have time to write :)

~O) :D
  • alanalialanali San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
    Congrats Pat!
    Thank you so much!
    ;;)
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Congratulations!  Well done!
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much!
    ~O)
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Congratulations, Pat! That was a tough work, but as you said - it paid off. :)
    For a moment I thought your missing person would be the one I was going to get missing. But no, it was another one. :)
    I see very interesting clues, some of them definately misleading. But I think I also saw the most important one and I think I know who you targeted as the murderer. But after reading, I have also two more people, who would make up nice murderers. :) Have to pick one, though, as the end is near.
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much!  :-$
    ;;)
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    And I like the ending very much! I can't stop reading it - Mitzi is such a great character! :D
    Yes Mitzi is very colorful, she ads lots of flavor to the story :) I enjoyed the ending too, thank you very much!
    ~O)