Original Issues with Room Maps?

edited March 2014 in All stories
I have a request for assistance, please. Before B&N bought eReader.com and the Peanut Press, there were quite a few Poirot and Marple ebooks on my Palm Treo which had sketches of rooms, or maybe of an entire estate grounds, in-line with the text. Usually, these appeared where Dame Agatha was giving a healthy description of the topography (one presumes she wished to illustrate how impossible the problem was to solve). Those books disappeared when B&N did their takeover, and after a long argument with them, they replaced my Peanut Press books with nook versions. Sadly, these nook versions were lacking these charts/maps/sketches. 

I've just launched myself into the Kindle Fire and am willing to repurchase the entire treasure trove that is Agatha Christie, but I want to get the Kindle ebooks that have these maps (I see that some novels have 12 or more publishers with varying content and quality).  What I'd like to do is concentrate on buying these novels-with-maps first, then buy the remaining books which never had such things in them.

Sooooooooo.....  My plea for help is, do you know of one or two such novels where originally, there was a chart or room sketch as part of the in-line text? I cannot recall T&T having any of these, certainly not Parker Pine or Mr. Harley Quinn. I think they were all Poirot, if memory serves. I'm pretty sure Styles did but of course, there were another dozen or more. Even if you only know of one, that would be wonderful! Please share.

Oh, just to be clear...  I'm just trying to cut down the bad purchases and lengthy investigation time of finding the 1 Styles (e.g.) Kindle offering that has the sketch, and forgetting the other publishers who elide it. There are, for most novels, a good 6-10 publishers on Kindle for Poirot/Marple. I'm not so concerned with spending time with those novels which have no sketches; I'll just take what looks looks like the publisher cared about paragraph spacing, etc. However, as I don't know which novels have the sketches, then I'd have to hunt through all offerings of all novels, trying to see if there's a sketch in them. With your help, I can "hunt" only those known to have sketches, then just take close-at-hand for the other novels.

PAX
Richard

Comments

• The Murder of Roger Ackroyd contains a sketch some pages in
    Black Coffee
    Murder on the Orient Express some pages in
    Death in the Clouds
    Murder in Mesopotamia - some pages in
    Cards on the Table - sketch of the rubber, some pages in
    Death on the Nile - halfway in
    After the Funeral - family tree in the beginning
    Murder at the Vicarage - a sketch a few pages in

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Also, Lord Edgeware Dies and Styles contain handwritten letters that may not show up in some formats.