Which adaptation of The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan do you prefer

Having just recently watched a chinease subtitled version of Agatha Christie works on youtube, entitled "Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Poirot and Marple" the first episode was based on The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan, two questions floated into my head. 1. What were the differences between the short story and the episode. 2. Which version do you prefer, the Agatha Christie's Poirot episode with David Suchet or the one I was just describing.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    edited March 2016
    I can't remember what changes were made but I am afraid to say I preferred ITVs versions of the Short stories to the Originals with the DEFFINITE exception of The Missing Will which is my favourite Poirot short story and possible exception to The Chocolate Box,The Kidnapped Prime Minister and The Cheap Flat.

GREAT JOB!!!

Hooray!  You have discovered the seventh little soldier boy!

The American release of the book And Then There Were None was marred by an unfortunate article in the Crime Club News.  The introductory coverage of the novel was laudatory, calling it “the greatest story Agatha Christie has ever written.”  Despite the glowing tone of the article, Christie was very displeased by it, because it provided a long synopsis of the novel, revealing many spoilers and details as to who died at what point in the story.  Christie rightly objected to the article, pointing out that the summary might prevent people from buying the book since they’d already know everything that happened– aside from the murderer’s identity, which was one of the few surprises in the book that was withheld.  The people behind the article apologized profusely, and sent Christie numerous gifts in order to mollify the author.

Before you ask, yes, there is a word on the base of the statuette.  “Armstrong.”  The pattern continues, but is it leading up to something?