AGATHA CHRISTIE 100TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION MEDAL

arcoarco Pennsylvania, United States
I recently purchased a large medal honoring the 100th Birthday Celebration of Agatha Christie.  I looking for any background information on the Celebration and the medal.  There is no mint or manufacturing marking on the medal that I could find.  It is 2.5 inches (60mm) in diameter, 5mm thick, and weighs 6.2 ounces (176 grams.)  I can post a picture, if possible.

Thanks
Arco

Comments

• Did you start with an "Image Search" on multiple search engines? The next stop on your search is : creativecommons.org/image   

Good luck with your quest!

Cynthia 

• TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Arco - can you post a photograph of it? The UK centenary celebrations used a distinctive logo, so if this is not present on the medal then it leads us to believe that it may have been generated by a US publisher...
  • Arco,

If what you are describing is what I think it is, it's part of the Agatha Christie Mystery Collection put out by Bantam in blue leatherette. Is the medallion a bronze color with her face on the front, Agatha Christie's 100th Birthday Celebration and blank on the back?

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    This medallion appeared on Bantam paperback editions of Christie's books celebrating her 100th birthday.