IF YOU COULD BE ONE CHARACTER OUT OF ANY AC BOOK WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

I would love to be Miss Marple.  So many reasons why.....I would love to live in a small english town like st mary mead......also she has so much energy and her mind is so sharp still...at her age.....

Comments

• Great Question @glalonzo0408 :) 

I would be a cross between Miss Lemon (Poirot's efficient secretary appearing in Hickory Dickory Dock [Did she appear in any others?] and the equally efficient (but less officious, if you know what I mean ;) Lucy Eyelesbarrow in 4:50 From Paddington.
  • StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece
    Had the opportunity to become a Christie character I would turn into Hastings or Tommy. I like the way they make a living.
  • I really envy Linnet Ridgeway's house, money, lifestyle but I'd never wish to be her as she's so  self centered . Plus she get's shot in the head, I don't wish for that end!

I like to be Joyce/Joan who married Raymond West. It would be comforting having a shrewd aunt like Miss Marple. She met lot's of interesting people, got to go to the theatre and discuss Art. Plus I'd get to be a member of the Tuesday night club, which sounds like fun even if it's a little unusual to talk about murder every week.

:D
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

What a Brilliant Question, I think I might want to be Bobby Jones because of his care-free ways or Tommy or Colin Lamb because of his Profession or Jerry because although he is recouperating he has a wonderfully blissful life, or I might want to be Hastings as his life seems perfect as does Poirot's, and there is Craddock of course, I wouldn't mind being him, being a Detective and he seems so calm, and of course I would like to be Poirot, he seems to be so Content and I also envy James Pearson, he gets to be stupid and when someone assumes he is going to get the girl she ends up with James.

I would also like to be a male version of Lucy Eylesbarrow and be sent on Adventures or Dolly Bantry and live at Gossington Hall. 

• tacobelltacobell Virginia, United States
    I don't know which character. There are too many to choose from but I think I would definitely want to be a part of the Tuesday Night Club with Miss Marple as well.
  • I really like "Bundle" - Eileen Brent from Seven Dials.  I enjoyed her carefree spirit, great relationship with her father, her ability to "hang" with the men, be funny and spontaneous, and of course her yearning for adventure.  Oh, and that she was rich too!
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    I would have to be Poirot.
  • I would like to be Tuppence ! She has a fierce character, is a clever girl, looks great in the Jazz Age ! ;;)
  • ZeddieZeddie Ballymoney, United Kingdom
    Completely agree Silvana! I would love to be Tuppence! So smart, so stylish and so brilliant!
    If I could be any male character, it would have to my old friend Captain Arthur Hastings! I think I would rather be Poirots assistant and be able to help the great man than actually be him myself.
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    I would be someone who is a witness of a murder or knows an important clue which would reveal the identity of the murderer. For example, Donald Ross from "Lord Edgware Dies".
  • youngmrquinyoungmrquin Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I would like to be Raymond West, in order to have an aunt like Miss Marple. Bobby, from Evans? Because his life was interesting and his personality sparkling.
    As my nickname suggests, I would like to be Mr Quin, but a young one. With magical powers and connected with Death.
    Finally, and with this I think everybody will be surprised, I'd like to be Mr. Brown, from Secret Adversary. I know, he is a villain, but a cool one from his own perspective and by the way he is crafted in the story. His strongest ability was to pull all the strings by presenting himself as an unimportant someone.
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    ianthepoet. I too would have to be Poirot.
  • a completely awesome question!!!!

i would like to be sm1 who is undergoing stress in investigation

it would be good 2 bcome some1 like poirot!!!

~O)
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    It is a hard question but I think Poirot is one Character I wouldn't like to be, as his creator got sick of him, I wouldn't mind being Jerry Burton, Bobby Jones or Colin Lamb but Probably Tommy Beresford, he seems to have a great life and makes his living by dong something he loves especially in Partners In Crime
  • DeanDean United Kingdom
    I would have to be Poirot because he has got quite a good life when he is retired and it seems quite fun to be him. He's just a bit to fussy.
  • Tough one. Dolly has a nice village life, lots of interesting guests, but I'm suspect re: her relationship with her husband. She keeps saying about him that she doesn't mind him looking at younger girls, as she's got her garden.
    Tuppence and Bundle have got too much energy for me to wish to be them. Ariadne's creative process seems too painful. Linnet - too self-centered, Miss Marple - too old and possibly in straitened conditions. No-one who's too capable.
    Who's a good possiblity?
    1. Griselda 
    2. Ginger 
  • SunsetsSunsets Philippines
    I would be Elinor Carlisle, she did have a rough time, but she did find a person who she could live with, happy, for the rest of her life and she is from Sad cypress

• @Sunsets, I admire your choice. That means you'd be willing to see your fiance fall in love with someone else, and stand a murder trial - if you'd be guaranteed happiness afterwards.   :)
  • is that a question?? i am surly gonna be poirot :) simply clever i love the way he solves the crimes