The Girdle of Hyppolita

I was reading The Girdle of Hyppolita and it struck me that Chief Inspector Japp was in it. The reason I was surprised was because I read on Wikipedia that Japp's last appearance in any of Agatha Christie's works was in one, two, buckle my shoe and the girdle story was published in 1947 which is after one two buckle my shoe. So I was wondering if The story is set before one, two, buckle my shoe or if one, two buckle my shoe is set after. What makes this question so even more difficult to answer is one, two, buckle my show was was published in 1941 which was during the war, and I believe Agatha Christie never set her novels during the war apart from N or M.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    There are a small amount of Inconsistencues in Agatha Christies work like that fact that in 2 of the Books with Spence his name is one thing and in the third it is another and Raymond's wife has a name change at one point she is Joan and another point she is called Joyce, A Policeman called Japp appears in another book I think it is The Secret Adversary
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    We know that "Flock of Geryon" is set after WWII due to certain references.  I think that Wikipedia just got it wrong– it only focused on the novels and neglected the short stories.  Christie's short story-writing declined a lot after WWII.
  • I agree with @GKCfan that the "Flock of Geryon" is probabaly set after the war. Many novels Agatha Christie wrote during the World War 2 are set after the war, such as Curtain and Sleeping Murder.