Why do u like reading Poirot novels???

Just express what impress u the most in Poirot's novel !!!

Comments

• I like his way of detection!!!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

They Nourish My soul, They Keep me entertained, They Educate me in Shakespeare, Geography, Mythology and Literature and They Teach not to take things at face value and are still relevant today.

• great and pleased to meet u \m/
  • DeanDean United Kingdom
    I think they are relaxing and it's just a nice thing to wind down. It makes you calm and relaxed. Quite soothing.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I quite agree, but I find some more pleasurable than others but I still read some of The "Others", some are like qa lovely dinner Party and the "Others" I still read are like a Day workshop or a day course your employer sends you on.
  • vazinvazin Shkoder, Albania
    edited June 2014
    i really dont know, i just want to read more and more of agatha christie's poirot, even they way how poirot solve the problems are incomprehensible for me most of time,this is of course during the novel but when it ends and poirot discover the solution and explain i know why poirot was doing all that things, just like other personlities in the novel, but i said it again i just like to read poirot's
  • CaptainHastingsCaptainHastings Illinois, United States
    I would say there are four reasons I enjoy Poirot novels:

1.)  They generally end in the 'drawing room' fashion where all suspects are assembled for Poirot to  unmask the murderer(s).  He is usually the knowing victim of prejudice because he is not an Englishman, a 'foreigner.'  This always gives him a chance to better those who judged him, and it is always neat to see him come out on top;

2.)  I like the way he asks questions or, rather, makes pleasant conversation to interview witnesses/suspects and gather facts.  He is often an excellent foil to the Scotland Yard or local inspector/constable assigned to the case.  The police detectives tend to come off as bland, unsophisticated and unfriendly.  Poirot's friendliness - a friendliness equally at home with the lord of manner as the lowly servant - is always refreshing;

3.)  Poirot's adherence to method and order is always vindicated at the end and I  think that's an important lesson for any reader, no matter the era or the venture.  Whether you are a detective yourself or engage in a wholly different career, strict adherence to method, order, and basic logic tends to lead to success.  Poirot repeatedly cautions the reader (vis a vis Hastings) against rushing to judgment and relying on emotions when making decisions.  This is sound advice for life, in general; and

4.)  Along with Poirot's adherence to method and order, I actually like his fastidious nature.  I guess I'm pretty anal myself, so the way Poirot dresses (impeccably), designs his apartment (geometric perfection) and expresses himself impress me a great deal.  
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

Everything from his egg shaped head to his style, there is no one like him.

Also, he is in some of the greatest mystery books of all time;  Orient Express, Roger Ackroyd, etc.  Not sure if Poirot makes those great, or if they are great and feature Poirot, however maybe it doen't even matter? ;)