The World of the Books

Had you the opportunity to live in the world of a book AC wrote,which one would you choose? Would you choose the Bertrams Hotel or Saint Merry Mint? What about Whightheaven Mansions? I wonder, would anyone like to live in Witchwood (murder is easy)? Why did you choose this world?

Comments

• StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece
    I would definitely live in Whightheaven Mansions. I would love to have a neighbor like Poirot.   
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I don't know, either St Mary Mead, or Chipping Cleghorn as I love the idea of living in those Villages or one of the Flats where you get catered for, I would love that or perhaps Chimneys as I love the idea of there.
  • I've lived in a place resembling a large village and I know the feeling - nice at times, maddening at others - of everyone knowing your business. Whitehaven mansions is too symetrical and modern to my taste. What I love, is when AC depicts large country estates - beautiful countryside, a stately home, and remote enough from neighbors but near enough to a train station to invite guests down for a weekend. Like Styles.
  • I love the large country estates, too!

The only problem is the murders.

I guess I will own an estate, go away for an overseas trip while the murder takes place, then come back after it is solved! Or I could buy one, like the estate in Dead Man's Folly, after the present occupant is taken away!

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I would want to be there when the Murder takes place and see if I can solve it.