Poirot The TV series

Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I was reading in my Television Magazine that this new Channel Encore! will be showing Poirot, which will be for sky viewers or subscription only, does this mean ITV3 won't be showing Poirot and Freeview viewers won't be able to see it?

Tagged:

Comments

• TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    For more info on ITV Encore, please contact ITV directly at [email protected] 

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Thank you, I will.
  • EileenGerkenEileenGerken Nevada, United States
    The Big Four is being broadcast in the States tonight, July 27, at 9 p.m. Easter STandard Time, through the Masterpiece Mystery television series on PBS.  Does anyone know of any other availability for this new version of Dame Agatha's story?  Will it be re-broadcast?  Are any DVDs available, anywhere on the planet?  Thanks.
  • mike1410mike1410 Franklin, New Zealand
    All the ITV Poirot adaptations are available to buy on DVD. The final episodes (which were screened in the UK in the latter half of 2013) were made available for sale just after the last episode aired.  They are not easily found in the shops here in New Zealand, so I purchased mine online from that giant shopping store who's name begins with the letter A! I guess you just need a multi-region DVD player.
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    The Big Four is being broadcast in the States tonight, July 27, at 9 p.m. Easter STandard Time, through the Masterpiece Mystery television series on PBS.  Does anyone know of any other availability for this new version of Dame Agatha's story?  Will it be re-broadcast?  Are any DVDs available, anywhere on the planet?  Thanks.
    Hi Eileen - If you're in the US, you can watch the first two new Poirots first on PBS, and afterwards on Acorn TV (The Big Four is available there now). Acorn TV are also showing the final Poirots exclusively this summer, which is a streaming service available online. The episodes will also be broadcast on local channels in the US in November. You can find out more about Acorn TV here: http://acorn.tv/

US region DVDs will be available shortly after the initial broadcasts, the last of which is on 25th August.
  • We have David Suchet visiting Australia at present and in an interview yesterday he said how sad he was to have Poirot killed off it was hard to act the last part.

Wonder if the new novel if it is a success will have a movie and David will again get to act as Poirot.

He said he has a very busy acting career mainly on stage and loves it he is an old fashioned character actor.