Poirot Series 13

Hi guys. 
I read recently on the following website that the final 4 episodes of Poirot will be released in November 2013!! Not sure how reliable it is but I will post the link and we shall see. I hope this is the case as us fans can get the COMPLETE boxset of series 1-13 for Christmas!! 
The website reads....

"Poirot

After 25 years of accurate sleuthing, David Suchet’s Belgian detective is reaching the end of his career, with Agatha Christie’s final four Poirot stories.

ITV, November"

here is the link 

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/arts-books/the-50-best-autumn-arts-8788225.html

Comments

• emanuelleemanuelle Quebec, Canada
    On Agatha Christie's Poirot wikipedia page, it says that the 13th season started on June 9th. Is this accurate? Does anyone know when the next episodes will be aired?

Since I don't live in the UK I can't watch them on TV :(
  • AmelieGrenierAmelieGrenier Ile-de-France, France
    edited September 2013

Yes, it began with "Elephants can remember" with Zoë Wanamaker as Ariadne Oliver and Greta Scacchi. Will air later this year, Labours of Hercules with Rupert Evans, Dead Man's Folly with Zoë Wanamaker, Big Four with Hugh Fraser (Captain Hastings) and it seems Curtain with Philip Glenister will be for next year (January, 12th).

• AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    None have been aired in Canada so I have no idea what is going on.  Any information would be helpful!
  • I would love it if the very final Poirot was aired on the same day around the world. Then all fans could discuss it. At present the episode could be shown this year in the US and then next year in the UK.

• SeaSnapSeaSnap Cornwall, United Kingdom

I agree with you, MissQuin.

• glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Does anyone know if they are going to air the Poirot shows in the United States?  If so, when?
  • adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola
    Does anyone know if they are going to air the Poirot shows in the United States?  If so, when?
    Broadcast dates are the decision of the broadcaster in your area, while we try to announce the broadcast dates first for the UK and US (and even these can change at short notice) it is very difficult to know in advance what the scheduler at each broadcaster has planned. Our Facebook page is pretty useful, as followers of the page often post such breaking news there first. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAgathaChristie
  • kindovkindov Slaskie, Poland
    In Poland the broadcast dates have been announced and it seems that each month there will be one episode to watch starting with Elephants... (already broadcast on September 6). The remaining episodes are to be broadcast on the following dates:
    The Big Four on October 4
    The Labours of Hercule on November 1
    Dead Man's Folly on December 6
    Curtain on January 3 2014

Agatha Christie's Marple episodes will also be broadcast soon:
    Caribbean Mystery on October 11
    Greenshow's Folly November 8
    Endless Night on December 13

I'm really happy about that and simply can't wait to see them!

The information comes from the official website of the Polish broadcaster "ale kino+ HD":
    http://www.alekinoplus.pl/alekino_wydarzenia-20130905-detektywi.html

• adminadmin Cuanza Norte, Angola
    kindov said:
    In Poland the broadcast dates have been announced and it seems that each month there will be one episode to watch starting with Elephants... (already broadcast on September 6). The remaining episodes are to be broadcast on the following dates:
    The Big Four on October 4
    The Labours of Hercule on November 1
    Dead Man's Folly on December 6
    Curtain on January 3 2014

Agatha Christie's Marple episodes will also be broadcast soon:
    Caribbean Mystery on October 11
    Greenshow's Folly November 8
    Endless Night on December 13

I'm really happy about that and simply can't wait to see them!

The information comes from the official website of the Polish broadcaster "ale kino+ HD":
    http://www.alekinoplus.pl/alekino_wydarzenia-20130905-detektywi.html

Terrific, thank you kindov!
  • MonAmiMonAmi Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Hi guys! I knew that there will be the 13th season... but there are 5 episodes: Elephants can remember, The big four, Dad man's folly, The labours of Hercule and Curtain... I can't wait to see Cap. Hastings after all those years!
    But unfortunately in Italy this season (as for the other ones) will be only God knows when... The last 3 seasons arrived in Italy 2 years later than in England...
    Hopefully I can speak English.... And so I will watch them in the original way!!!!!!!
    I've just read The big four and I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EirikEirik Oslo, Norway
    ...and here's a frame-by-frame look at the trailer, with comments: http://investigatingpoirot.blogspot.com/2013/09/polish-trailer-for-big-four-with.html
    A very observant and informative analysis, thanks for sharing the link, Eirik!
  • Anyone have any idea when these will be aired in Australia?
  • The Big Four is being aired on Wens 23rd Oct. So it will be available to watch on ITV. I've seen the trailer, so I'm excited!

• stoffershortystoffershorty Andalucia, Spain
    edited October 2013
    MissQuin said:
    I would love it if the very final Poirot was aired on the same day around the world. Then all fans could discuss it.
    Well technically you can watch it online with the ITV Player anywhere in the world if you use the Google Chrome browser and a free plugin called "Media Hint". I think it blocks Chrome from sending your IP so that you can watch those live TV sites from anywhere in the world. The official ITV site (the UK channel that broadcasts Poirot episodes) is: ITV Player Homepage and if you need any help installing the Chrome Extension then just ask but it's quite easy.
    If any others respond and ask how to install it then I will write more detailed instructions here (if it's not considered off-topic).
    For those who haven't seen it yet: "The Labours of Hercules" trailer (with Polish voice-over). It's going to be broadcast tonight - I can't wait to see it and I wonder how it is possible to make 12 stories into 1 episode. I can only hope it will be a good one!

http://www.alekinoplus.pl/zwiastun/poirot-dwanascie-prac-herkulesa_wideo/zmediastore/alekino/2013/11_listopad/PoirotDwanasciePracHerkulesa
  • The final ever episode of Poirot airs in the UK on Wednesday 13/11/2013 aptly named Curtain.  All is not lost however for die hard Poirot fans as today 7/11/13 David launches his new book Poirot and Me.  He will be in Nottigham today launching the book and signing copies - go along if you can.  Read more about it here http://www.newswire.net/newsroom/pr/00077988-poirotand-me.html
  • msladytonimsladytoni New York, United States
    I too would love the final four episodes being shown in the USA. Not be able to see the them I really can not comment. I own every DVD on Poirot but who knows when the the above will be available on Amazon.com (USA). 
    It will be great to see Captain Hastings, Miss Lemon and Japp together again with Poirot. 
  • BerniceMBerniceM Tennessee, United States
    I join all the other requests for the final four to be aired in the USA! Its hard to wait when you keep hearing about it but cannot see them.