Spider's Web

Have you read this book?  What are your thoughts?  Please no spoilers....

Comments

• I've read this book, and I consider it to be one of the better ones that don't feature one of AC's "known" detectives. The leading character has a spirit of fun and a lively imagination. Just what you'd want in the leading lady! There are lots of twists and turns, and you're never bored. In fact, it starts out light-hearted, and then turns dramatic and manages to continue at the same pace - not an easy feat. I'll say this without, I think giving away any spoilers. Clarissa is the young wife of a diplomat. She loves him and his young daughter. When complications arise, including murder, she'll do anything to protect them both.
    Considering her personality... good heavens!
    Enjoy!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I didn't know it was in Book form, I shall have to get it.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    @shifra Thank you so much for your input.  I greatly appreciate it.  I am enjoying the book immensely.

@tommy I found it at the library
  • glalonzo0408. I'm always just a tad jealous of those who haven't yet read a great AC book that I've already experienced. Lucky you!!
    @Tommy_A_Jones, you'll have to let us know what you think of it...

Let you know about what, The AM Dram version of Siders Web was not good 

• I don't know what you mean by "the AM dram version" - I'm referring to the Charles Osborne (2000) novel adoptation. And I meant to let us know what you think of it after you read it - since it sounded like you were planning to "I didn't know it was in book form, I shall have to get it".
    Oh Right, |I have no plans to read it in the foreseeable future, I saw an Amataur Dramatics versionof Spiders Web
  • Christopher_WrenChristopher_Wren Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
    I dislike all the Charles Osbourne versions, mainly because of Charles Osbourne's style. He simply wrote down the stage descriptions, and it's really obvious.
  • In this novel, he does tell you at times what Clarissa is feeling. In a different novel adaption, he remained completely outside of the characters' heads - just telling you their actions, and what they said, instead of also adding their thoughts and feelings for characters for whom we are usually told. It was odd. 
  • I liked the book primarily on account of its setting. The style was alright.