similarity

have you ever read two of  Agatha Christie's books and found them similar to each other?? 
for me The hallow'en party and dead man's folly are little bit the same i mean who ever read them can notice and i don't want to spoil it for other readers by saying how they're similar>>> so can you tell me other similar books? 

Comments

• "Death on the Nile" and "Endless Night" have the same basic plot.

"Evil Under the Sun" is similar to the short story "The Blood Stained Pavement"

• "Evil under the sun" and "Triangle at Rhodos" 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    One stems from the other, just like The Bloodstained Pavement
  • mike1410mike1410 Franklin, New Zealand
    The basic premise of 'The Mysterious Affair at Styles' is the same as that in 'Endless Night', which in addition uses the same method to distract the reader's attention away from who the murderer is as was used in 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd'
    I have never seen a connection between The Mysterious Affair At Styles and Endless Night
  • There are some short stories that Agatha Christie extended and made full-length novels and the opposite. As mentioned before me from the other users, The blood stained pavement and Triangle at Rhodes have similar plot with Death on the Nile and Evil under the sun. Of course every connection that were mentioned before was right. I have also noticed two other such examples. For instance, Endless Night and the case of the caretaker have almost the same plot. Also, Sparkling Cyanide and Yellow Iris have a lot in common. If not the whole, almost the whole theme was the same in both stories.
    @ Tommy - well in both cases the victim is murdered by her husband for her money, with the murderer being in league with the victim's best friend. The murderer and the best friend are supposed to hate each other throughout the whole story as cover for their clandestine relationship.

@Stathis - They're not just similar, they are the same story :)  Sparkling Cyanide the novel is AC's own expansion of her short story The Yellow Iris but without Poirot. Done in the same way that she re-wrote her novel The Hollow (removing Poirot) to make the play of The Hollow. I prefer both of the Poirot-less versions myself.
  • @mike1410 you forgot to put spoiler alert  !!! I didn't read both of the novels now i won't  :(
    Whoops, sorry!  it's still worth reading them though. Styles is a bit predictable (you can see which way AC's heading in this book if you've read a few of her other early books) but enjoyable if only for the background characters and the fact that Styles is also the setting for Curtain. Endless Night can be a bit difficult to get into. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I think it repays the effort. It's one to come to when you've read most of her other books. 
    There was a Short story In The Thirteen Problems which is set at a Hydra which is similar to Evil UnderThe Sun.SPOILER! I think this because of the Hat.
    You aren't missing much with Endless Night Mary allIbullushi, I have known the outcome before reading a lot of the Christie books and a lot of those times the books have been so good it hasn't bothered me but it is very annoying when the book isn't good enough for it not to matter, but that has only happened three times, with one non-Poirot book I looked on Wiki as I thought it might help me get into the book and it gave the solution in the first Paragraph.
  • maryam **  :) :)>- 
    Sorry maryam
  • TeddyBgTeddyBg Bulgaria
    edited December 2014
    I"ve just found out that "The Plymouth Express" is the same as "The Mystery of the Blue train". I think that the novel came first, so I can't imagine why she wrote a short story with the same plot.

And also "The Submarine plans" and "The Incredible Theft"
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    The short story was written first and I believe it was published in a magazine and anthologized much later.  Christie took a bunch of her short stories and turned them into novels.