Egland House True Story or Not?

I used to live on the grounds of a Georgian House called Egland House, near Honiton, in Devon. The owner at the time (the house now has new owners), told me that Agatha Christie had been good friends with previous owners and had staid here a number of times. I have no idea as to the truth of this story. I have not found any reference to the house in AC biographies. The house does now have new owners so please do not contact them. This is not a spoof detective mystery.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    If people say "I am not" or "This is not" I tend to think "They Are" or "it Is" In this case it isn't harmful and is a nice little story so it doesn't matter, Agatha Christie did live in Devon so it could be true, Don't like the name of the House though unless it was a house once owned by The Government for Government Purposes, or it could be have owned by people who to be generous are Little Englanders" or maybe Mosley Followers. I am not meaning to suggest you are a Racist if you are a Little Englander as I do think you can bed one and not the other. 
  • Agenuinequestion is quite correct. For evidence see Lot description in Christies 1991 sale catalogue at this link:

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/agatha-christie-3464597-details.aspx?intObjectID=3464597

for some novels and manuscripts etc., refering to her friend Esme Nicoll. They regularly visited each other and corresponded. Esme owned Egland and died aged 94 in 1973.