Sophie Hannah to write new Poirot novel

imageSophie Hannah to write new Poirot novel

At midnight on 3rd September 2013, Agatha Christie Limited announced that Sophie Hannah is writing a new Agatha Christie Poirot novel for publication in September 2014.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DianaDiana Grad Zagreb, Croatia
    I'm very curious to see how will it turn out
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    It will not be up to Agatha Christie's standards.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    No, I wnder if she will make any factual Mistakes
  • DeanDean United Kingdom
    I am not that excited because I am going to buy all the Agatha Christie books first. I've got a small collection of her books I need tons more. How many are there altogether there must be at least one hundred books? :D
  • Plagiarism! Sorry, Ms Hannah is defenitely a good crime writer, but writing a novel "in the name of A Christie"? She shouldn't have done this. That's my personal opinion. 
  • mike1410mike1410 Franklin, New Zealand
    @ Dean

There's quite a lot to get through before you need to worry about any new faux Christie's!

Poirot - 33 novels and 54 short stories
    Marple - 12 novels and 19 short stories
    Tommy & Tuppence - 4 novels and 15 short stories
    Others - 17 novels and 65 short stories

Plus;

6 Mary Westmacott novels, 3 books of poetry, 3 non-fiction books, 22 plays (not all published/available & incl 3 later novelised by Charles Osborne) and about a dozen other as yet unpublished works!

:D
    Des anyone know if the Un-Publihed works have Recurring Characters and if so which ones?
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    mike1410 I did not know about the dozen other as yet unpublished works. Do you have any details about these works and if there are any plans to publish them. 
    @ Frank. This is from Wikipedia, so not guaranteed 100% accurate I know

• Personal Call (supernatural radio play, featuring Inspector Narracott who also appeared in The Sittaford Mystery; a recording is in the British Library Sound Archive)
    • The Woman and the Kenite (horror; a translation, from an Italian magazine of the 1920s): La Moglie del Kenita,
    • Butter In a Lordly Dish (horror/detective radio play, adapted from The Woman and the Kenite)
    • Being So Very Wilful (romantic)
    • Snow Upon the Desert (romantic novel)
    • Stronger than Death (supernatural)
    • The Green Gate (supernatural)
    • The Greenshore Folly (novella featuring Hercule Poirot; the basis for Dead Man's Folly)  Has been published in Kindle format as "Hercule Poirot and the Greenshore Folly" on Nov. 12, 2013.
    • The War Bride (supernatural)
    • Eugenia and Eugenics (stage play)
    • Witchhazel (supernatural short story)
    • Someone at the Window (play adapted from short story The Dead Harlequin)
    • Miss Perry (stage play)

I expect that we shall see 'HP & The Greenshore Folly' in print before very long. I would have thought it would be more popular in print amongst AC fans than in e-book format. Maybe there will be third volume of AC's notes compiled by John Curran & it could be included in that?.

Actually, I have just seen elsewhere that 'HP & The Greenshore Folly' went on sale in hardback book format in the UK at the end of July - so that's one less unpublished work :)
    Personal Call looks good as it features one of my favourite Policemen, Narracott and would love to read HP and Greenshore Folly, Is Miss Perrry a Miss Marple type person?
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    mike1410 Thank you for the list of unpublished works. I am suprised that they have never been published. Lets hope they are all published soon.