After The Funeral

AriadneAriadne Texas, United States
I just finished After The Funeral and I actually felt let-down when all was revealed. But, it was only because I had seen a Miss Marple which was based very loosely on ATF, and I remembered a certain name in it and guessed things about it. If not for that I think I would have been very surprised. What did y'all think of it? (Yes, I'm from Texas and I do say y'all, hehe). ;)

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I like the Film of which you speak, but there again I like the MR Films, I like it more than The Poirot version which I love and I love he Book too. 
  • AriadneAriadne Texas, United States
    I like MR, too. I don't think she's the perfect Miss Marple at all, but she was such a great actress! Made me laugh, too.
    No not the perfect Miss Marple but I think the Films were supposed to be light-hearted and in that respect they worked The ITV Marple's were I think supposed to have something which for me in the main wasn't there. 
  • AriadneAriadne Texas, United States
    Who stars in the ITV versions, Tommy? I'm not familiar with ITV.
    Geraldine James, Judy Punch, The Posh man from Cold Feet, The First Junior Doctor in The Royal Anthony Valentine and of course David Suchet.
  • I think the poirot ITV version is great . Might be my favourite adaptation 
    The Adaptation is Excel;lent, I have recently bought it although I thought Mrs McGimty and Typed After The Funeral stupid Me, I love the bit at the end and.
  • Love this book. One of my most favourite. Great plot, great characters, great solution.
  • Joepetz999Joepetz999 New Jersey, United States

This is one of my favorites too.  I feel like this is a classic Christie novel in terms of mood, twist and setting. 

SPOILER: The only thing I found hard to believe was not Miss Gilchrist going undetected as Cora but the fact that Cora had apparently been awake on the day of the funeral and it seemed likely that she would have attempted to go late or at least phoned or written to Enderby Hall.

I think it quite likely that Cora would have told the Murderer about the Funeral and The Murderer who seems like a quick thinking person Killed her before she had a chance to notify people that she would be attending but if she didn't and just turned up, she must be that sort of person or else

SPOILER ALERT!!!

The Murderer would not have impersonated her and portrayed her as

SPOILER ALERT!!!

As a Scatty slightly self-indulgent person.