Guess that Quotation

Comments

• mike1410mike1410 Franklin, New Zealand
    Indeed so, when she was meeting the lawyer Mr Mayherne and acting the part of the old hag wanting payment for the fraudulent letter. Over to you.
  • OK

Here's one;

"Frankly, no. I'm not very interested in art, I'm afraid......"

Guess away!

Hmmmmm choices, choices, choices, there's so much art in so many of AC's books...

First guess, Philip Blake in 'Five Little Pigs' referring to the work of Amyas Crale
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    The Woman who when it was done for Television became an Air Hostess in Death In The Clouds but she had a different ccupation in the book, I think she was a Hair Dresser, and I think her surname was Grey
  • First guess, Philip Blake in 'Five Little Pigs' referring to the work of Amyas Crale - No

The Woman who when it was done for Television became an Air Hostess in Death In The Clouds but she had a different ccupation in the book, I think she was a Hair Dresser, and I think her surname was Grey - No

:) ok, guess number two. Miss Gilchrist in 'After The Funeral'
  • Miss Gilchrist in 'After The Funeral' - No
    Within A Wall
    I mean I think Jane Grey said it to Poirot
  • Within A Wall - ? I do not understand this.

I mean I think Jane Grey said it to Poirot - No

A clue - It was said by a woman but NOT in a Poirot book.

'Within a Wall' is the title of one of Agatha's short stories, one of the character's is an artist. But obviously that's not the answer! 
    :))
  • mike1410 said:
    'Within a Wall' is the title of one of Agatha's short stories, one of the character's is an artist. But obviously that's not the answer! 
    :))

Interesting!

I thought I had read all Agatha's stories but I have never heard of this one. Which volume in it in?

It's story number 7 of the 9 short stories in 'While The Light Lasts', about 120 pages long so not as short as some of her short stories.
    Next guess - 'By The pricking Of My Thumbs'
  • mike1410 said:
    It's story number 7 of the 9 short stories in 'While The Light Lasts', about 120 pages long so not as short as some of her short stories.

Never heard of that volume!

'By The pricking Of My Thumbs' - No

Is it a woman speaking?
  • Is it a woman speaking? - Yes, that is one of the clues I gave earlier.
    Sorry, Is she young eough to be considered a pretty young thing?
  • Is she young eough to be considered a pretty young thing?  - No, she is not that young and not described as "pretty" but she is not really old or really unattractive. She is not described as being very feminine.
    Is The speaker in a Miss Marple Book?
  • Is The speaker in a Miss Marple Book? - Yes
    Ella Zielinsky  in 'The Mirror Cracked'?
  • mike1410 said:
    Ella Zielinsky  in 'The Mirror Cracked'?
    No
    Is the Speaker a Recurring Character?
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    anne.clough.3, do you live in the UK, US, or elsewhere?  While the Light Lasts is the anthology in the UK and elsewhere where "Within a Wall" is published, but the story is published in The Harlequin Tea Set in America.
  • Is the Speaker a Recurring Character?

No

Note I am leaving for a couple of days away and will not be back home till late Sunday so please understand why I am not replying promptly.

• Is it Aimee Griffith in The Moving Finger?
    Bunch Harmon
  • Is it Aimee Griffith in The Moving Finger? - Yes, that is correct, she and Jerry Burton are talking about Chinese art and especially Jerry's "Old Man Enjoying the Pleasures of Idleness" picture.

Your turn.

• "You'd be surprised ... what people will read - and enjoy!"