The Last Three Episodes of Poirot in the U.S.!

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
Hello everybody,
    The last three of episodes of "Agatha Christie's Poirot" have been released on Acorn TV since this summer, and they will be out on DVD very soon.  However, there hasn't been much news about them being released on PBS until now.  In Milwaukee, at least (check your local listings– times will vary depending on your local PBS station in the United States), the last three episodes of Poirot will air this November.

Saturday, November 15th: Elephants Can Remember
Saturday, November 22nd: The Labours of Hercules
Saturday, November 29th: Curtain

Comments

• I'm not seeing the listing in the St. Louis, Missouri PBS schedule. Drat! Watch party at your place?! (Just kidding). Thank you for posting!
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Curtain just aired in Canada in last night!  I taped it and will be enjoying the final Poirot tomorrow evening after a nice dinner with family.
  • KathyWaywellKathyWaywell Lancashire, United Kingdom
    I envy you having them to look forward to - they aired in the UK earlier this year, and then I bought them to complete my collection.

I wonder if they will televise this new Poirot which was published in September, or if they will stick to canon.  I think that David Suchet feels that he has now completed his Poirot rôles and I can't now imagine anyone else in the part.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Yeah, I feel like he may have put the series behind him, however has he filmed any of the plays?  Like is Black Coffee a possibility?
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    David Suchet has stated that he's completed the canon.  "Black Coffee" probably won't become a film, but he did do a staged reading of it a couple of years ago.
  • In the episode "Curtain" why did Poirot placed a period at the end of his signature in his letter to Hastings? I have not seen that done before. I have never signed my name with a period at the end.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I don't know.  That's an interesting question, unless it was symbolic of the last word that Poirot would ever write.
  • SandraAmesSandraAmes Kansas, United States
    Wow, when I watched the interview with him on Acorn it really brought to life how an actor needs to have closure to a character before they can go on to the next biggest project. What I also understood is the depth he took the character to make it how the viewer connected with Agtha and understood what these fictional people meant to her.