Which book to choose ?

Hello everyone !
My 11 year old daughter Jade has decided to turn into a Christie addict and asks for her first book this Christmas, but I am having a hard time deciding which one to buy her.
I have a lot of them myself, but they're all in Dutch or English and my daughter is Spanish. She will read them in the future but right now her Dutch and her English is not good enough to understand the little details of an Agatha Christie book in these languages.
So, I would like to ask you all, which book you recommend me to buy her in order to iniciate her in starting her own collection.
Thanx all for your advice !!!
Greetings from Spain.
Stefanie

Comments

• Maybe one of Agatha's best, in this way there is bigger chance for her to become enthusiastic about Christie's works. A.B.C. murders, I suggest.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Hallo Stefanie, gefeliciteerd met jouw dochter!!! Dat ze met haar geboorte datum ook AC"s wil gaan lezen ! Misschien is het een goed idee om een van de korte verhalenbundels als start te gebruiken?  

Zolang het licht is of Miss Marple en haar 13 problemen. Kan ze zo de smaak te pakken krijgen.
  • Dank je Shana ! Ik ga ze opzoeken in het Spaans.
  • Thank you Teddy Bg ! I am going to look for Spanish versions, I also thought about ABC murders, hope I can find it in Spanish.
  • Hello Stefanie.. You have many choices but I will recommend 3 for you
    "and then there were none" one of agatha's best selling and I am sure jade gonna enjoy reading it ..

" murder of Roger akroyed " also agatha's best selling

"cards on the table" my first Christie and really enjoyable good to start with .
  • I have found a series of pocket books for just 4,95€ in Spanish. I bought her "murder in Mesopotamia" and "cards on the table" to start with. I hope she'll enjoy them. Thank you for your advice, you've been a great help !

• You're the most welcome O:-)
  • Tim ThomasTim Thomas Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    how about an excellent miss marple. A Murder is Announced. A classic Christie. Also definitely and then there were none.   I started Christie reading around the age of 11 as well and still havent read every novel!
    Jade,i would like to know what your daughter"s reaction is after reading.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    If your Daughter is an adventurous person why not try The Bundle Books, Why Didn't they Ask Evans or The Man In The Brown Suit, If Poirot something light like Cat Among The Pigeons, or The Clocks, and If Miss Marple A Murder Is Announced. Tell us what you choosen and how your Daughter got on with the Chosen book.