How Many Days?

How many days does it take you to read an AC book?

Comments

• It depends on the speed of your understanding and the type of the book that you choose to read for example -which I mentioned before - it took me 4 hours to finish cards on the table on the other hand it took me one day to finish n or m and a week to finish the moving finger and so on..
  • Now the same question to you.. How long do you take reading an AC book??
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    I think the most it has taken me is a week.....
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Some books are easier to read than others, It took me ages to read Endless Night, Passenger To Frankfurt, Death Comes As The End and Murder In Mesopotamia but less to read Books I love like ABC Murders, Cards On The Table, The Clocks, Cat Among The Pigeons, Mrs McGinty's Dead, N or M, Deat On The Nile, Evil Under The Sun, A Murder Is Announced, 4.50 From Paddington, Sleeping Murder, Why Didn't They Ask Evans? and The Sittaford Mystery and it also depends on what is going on with me, because I am disabled and have a paid Carer if he is not here for whatever reason we don't have our Jaunts to the Pub which I don't mind at all, and there is one less opportunity to read as I take whichever book I am reading, I read 3-5 times a day for anything from 20 minutes to 2 hours at a time depending on the day and occassion and maybe if it is one of the preachy books (and by preachy I mean Crooked House, Ordeal by Innosense and Taken At The Flood) I have to force myself to re-read them, same with what I call the Average Books (They Do It With Mirrors, Caribbean Mystery, The Hollow, One, Two Buckle My Shoe, Hickory Dickory Dock and Five Little Pigs) but there again with my favourites I might perposely take take time because reading them is so sublime.
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Some books are easier to read than others, It took me ages to read Endless Night, Passenger To Frankfurt, Death Comes As The End and Murder In Mesopotamia but less to read Books I love like ABC Murders, Cards On The Table, The Clocks, Cat Among The Pigeons, Mrs McGinty's Dead, N or M, Deat On The Nile, Evil Under The Sun, A Murder Is Announced, 4.50 From Paddington, Sleeping Murder, Why Didn't They Ask Evans? and The Sittaford Mystery and it also depends on what is going on with me, because I am disabled and have a paid Carer if he is not here for whatever reason we don't have our Jaunts to the Pub which I don't mind at all, and there is one less opportunity to read as I take whichever book I am reading, I read 3-5 times a day for anything from 20 minutes to 2 hours at a time depending on the day and occassion and maybe if it is one of the preachy books (and by preachy I mean Crooked House, Ordeal by Innosense and Taken At The Flood) I have to force myself to re-read them, same with what I call the Average Books (They Do It With Mirrors, Caribbean Mystery, The Hollow, One, Two Buckle My Shoe, Hickory Dickory Dock and Five Little Pigs) but there again with my favourites I might perposely take take time because reading them is so sublime.
    Tommy...I desperately want to understand why most people love The Clocks.  I have read it, watched the movie, and read it again, and still I cannot like it as most AC readers do.  I would be forever in your debt if you would explain to me the nuances of said book that make you list it as one of the books that you like.
    glazonzo I can't speak for other people but I can tell you why I like it, I think Colin Lamb is a Brilliant Character, he is fun and seems to me a bit of a Daredevel, he to me has the same qualities as Hastings, Jerry Burton, Tommy Beresford and Bobby Jones and a male Lucy Eylesbarrow, Bundle Brent and Lady Derwent, I love the Plot in The Clocks, it tome seems like the nearest to a Caper in a Poirot Book as any other Poirot, I love the fact that as I personally think Colin is Battle's Son and it mentions Aroadne and I think Hastings you are getting a real bargain and you can thin of them as well,  My Only Criticism is that the Book doesn't need Poirot, The Adaptation was not excellent, while the changes weren't harmful they were pointless and unnecessary and don't add anything but don't change the texture of the book
  • For me it takes a day, no matter if it's interesting or not.
  • Wow you have a good feeling and emotion control ,but Haven't you ever felt that a book is quite -let's say- not your type and you have to give your self a break from reading it for little while?
  • No. In any case I will read it, so if it's not interesting I say to myself: OK, let's read it and finish it and never read it again :D
  • TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom

It depends on the book and how much time I have. Books of short stories take me longer as I like to stop after one short story and enjoy the memory of it before plunging into the next one. A novel usually takes me a couple of days, though that's not many hours of reading time.

I have to say I love The Clocks. The characters are so strong and varied, yet they all fit into the story perfectly. There's so much going on - it's intriguing but never confusing. Though I'm not sure Sheila is really Colin's type.

I totally agree with everything you ay about The Clocks, I think Sheila ended up with Colin because she thought Why Not?
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    It depends on the book. For instance, I read Evil under the sun, Cards on the Table, And Then There were none in two days. On the other hand, Passenger to Frankfurt it takes me at least two weeks.
    I mean, if I love the book, two days. If the book is nice, four days, at most. More than this, I didn't like the book.