Is your first read book also your favourite one?

I see comments like "this is my first and most favoure book". I'm also in this group. I read "Murder on the Links" about 17-18 years ago, I fell in love with Christie and although I've read all of her books, this is still my favourite. What about you?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I am not 100% sure what my First was if My First was Lord Edgware Dies Then no I liked it 2nd time around but If My First was ABC Murders or Cards On The Table Then Yes My is was (One) of My Favourites
  • No. My first was "Body in the Library" which I read at 13 in 1971, but my very favourite is "Sleeping Murder" which I read when it was published in 1976.
  • TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom
    My first was The Secret Adversary and it's definitely one of my favourites. I find it difficult to choose a favourite as there are so many incredible books to choose from. N or M?, And Then There Were None, The Seven Dials Mystery, Why Didn't They Ask Evans?, Mysterious Affair at Styles, The ABC Murders, The Body in the Library and A Murder is Announced are also high on my list.
  • my first book was cards on the table .. but my favorites are : 4.50 from paddington and and then there were none  so my first book is not my favorite ^-^

Anne, Tuppence and Mary your Favourites are Excellent Books, I salute you.
  • Thank you :)
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Absolutely.  My first book was Murder on the Orient Express....which I read many many many years ago and to the day it is my favorite.....
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    My first book Evil under the sun my favorite one. I love it. And not only because of the story that I think it's amazing, but also it was when I fall in love with AC books and books in general. Today, reading it my favorite hobby and pretty much because of this book. I know it's silly, but this book was kind of important in my education.
    But, it's important to say that I have a lot of books that I can consider favorite (And Then There were none, Cards on the table, ABC Murders, Murder at the Vicarage, 4.50 to Paddington ...)
  • KholoudAbdulazizKholoudAbdulaziz Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
    I'm trying to remember what was my first Agatha Christie but I can't it was long time ago. But I know what is my favorite wich is the man in the brown suit. I love adventures book as detictive
  • tudes said:
     I know it's silly, but this book was kind of important in my education.

It's not silly, @tudes. I'm the same with Murder on the Links, this book made me fall in love with reading (not only Christie's books)
  • This is a great topic Teddy because I had never thought of the link before, but yes, I definitely have 4:50 From Paddington as my favourite and it too was my first :)

I agree tudes, it is also the time you fall in love with AC books when you read your first so it enhances the memory of the book.  How different our reading lives would be without AC!
  • Yeah! It's ironic but my first book was "Curtain: Poirot's last case". It is a master piece! 
  • tacobelltacobell Virginia, United States
    My first read was And Then There Were None at age 10 and it is still my favorite to this day:)
  • MagdaMagda Slupsk, Poland
    my first book AND THEN THERE WERE NONE .It was long time ago,i love her books, all the books,i have collection
    That is the answer to reading the Book and not being upset, Don't make it the last one you read for the first time.