are you the only one in your family who is into reading agatha christies?

It's a simple question isn't it?
 In my  family I am the only person who reads AC's books , but I have a friend who shares with me this hobby ..so what about you ?

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    edited January 2015
    Me too. When I was 12, 13 my father used to read Agatha Christie too. But nowadays I'm the only one. I have a few friends that love Christie and we talk about her books, although just here that I talk about more frequently.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    To such a huge extent yes but I think my Mum has read some if not all
  • I am the only one not only in my family, but also in my surroundings. It's awful when you don't have anyone with whom you can share your passion and talk about it. it's good that there are forums like this.
    I understand you, perfectly, TeddyBg. As I said, I have a few friends that read and occasionally we  talk about it, but they're a not so addict to Christie's books as I am. So, I also think a great idea to have this forum to talk about the stories and other stuff.
  • @TeddyBg‌ I agree .. I totally understand how you feel .. That's why such sites exists
  • Which is really good
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    To such an extent I am the only one n my Family although my Mum and Brother have read some.

I agree maymalbulushi, Three Cheers for Forums HIP HIP HIP...
  • Huraaay <:-P
  • I agree with you all! Great to have the forum.

I am the only one in my family too.  My mum told me to try them, so I have her to thank for that (when I was younger): she had read a couple when she was younger, but she was not obsessed like I have become.  She also won't read them now (she is in her seventies) because she said she finds them too complicated!

My children and husband do love the TV versions though, (but don't read them).

I am pleased to say I have influenced two different children of other families to try them and now they are big fans.  We bought one child a copy of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd for her 12th birthday gift, as she was having a "Host your Own Murder" game birthday party.  We thought that was an appropriate gift!  And she has been hooked ever since.  The other child started reading AC after we recommended the family see The Mousetrap when they visited London. He is now hooked!

Other than that, no family or friends read them!

And what a great topic maryamalbulushi! thanks for thinking of it.  So simple, and yet so clever - a bit like something AC would think up.
  • My mum told me to try them, so I have her to thank for that (when I was younger): she had read a couple when she was younger, but she was not obsessed like I have become. 

Same here!
  • I am flattered :x @Lucy G Lemon‌ thank you for your words and you are the most welcome
  • My brother in law first recommended me to read ACs and actually he gifted me one on my 13th birthday saying that I will enjoy reading it .. And since then I am addicted to her books.
  • Same here!
    TeddyBg - isn't that interesting!?!
  • Same here!
    TeddyBg - isn't that interesting!?!
    Yes, i thought exactly the same thing. And also - most of us started reading Agatha at the age of 12-13.
  • Yeah I thought that most of us started reading ACs books in this age was interesting I wonder why? Maybe there's something special in this two ages which leads us to read this kind of books
    edited January 2015
    I don't know, but I think it's the proper kind of book to read in this age. It's quite wierd to read Dostoievski when you're 12, 13. You probablly wouldn't uderstand, because he writes about things that it isn't part of your life when you're 12, 13 years old. You have to a certain life's experience to fully understand what he's talking about in his books.
    On the other hand, Agatha Christie gives you another kind of experience. It's much more fun, you can spend a lot of time reading them without even notice about time ( her books make you curious about what happened and an excitment ) and when you have someone to talk about it's always pleasant.  I think her books provide a feeling of being a part of something, even when you  read without anyone to talk about and this kind of feeling is very important when you are in this age.