What is your favorite line and from what book is it taken?

"No ordinary person could have prevented it -- but of what good is it to be Hercule Poirot with grey cells of a finer quality than other people's, if you do not manage to do what ordinary people cannot?"  Peril at End House

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States

“That is what I mean. A bath! The receptacle of porcelain, one turns the taps and fills it, one gets in, one gets out and ghoosh - ghoosh - ghoosh, the water goes down the waste pipe!"
    "M. Poirot are you quite mad?"
    "No, I am extremely sane.”

― Evil Under the Sun
  • I am not sure which book it is from, but Miss Marple is talking about how she solved the crime and says how everybody believed what people had said and she adds something along the line of how she never believes anything anybody says and hasn't for years.

I love this.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I don't have the talent to remember lines so forgive me if I am not totally Accurate but in one Book which I think is a Miss Marple, but might not be The Sleuth shays "I know who The Murderer is But not who they are" Another bit I like Elspeth McGillicuddy says to Miss Marple in 4.50 From Paddington "Jane, I've Just seen a Murder" and of Course SPOILER ALERT!!!  In A Murder Is Announced There is That Lne which Miss Murgatroyd says to Miss Hinchcliffe as she is going to pick up a Dog "She Wasn't There"
  • I can't remember every single line in what I read from AC's books but what is coming to my mind is poirot's last line from curtain which I am using as my signature (•-•)
  • This is my favorite conversation, taken from 'Murder in the Mews'
    Inspector Japp: 'Do you know, Poirot, I almost wish sometimes that you would commit a murder.'
    Poirot: 'Mon cher!'
    Japp: 'Yes, I would like to see just how you would set about it.'
    Poirot: 'My dear Japp, if I committed a murder, you would not have the least chance of seeing how I set about it! You would not even be aware, probably, that a murder had been committed.'
    :-j :-j
  • nice  =D> @bhagi
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    “The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
    ― Murder on the Orient Express
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Where is that From Frank?