WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION?

I know there are a few people who do not like any adaptation...however, i think that there are a few that are good.  My favorite is Murder on the Orient Express

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Which one? The one with Albert Finney?
    I like the Mirror Crack'd (all of them, but I'm very fond of the one with Angela Lansbury as Miss Marple), Peril at End House (very faithful to the original), The Mysterious Affair of Styles, I think they're my favorities. I like others and dislike some of them.
  • I don't know, but I know which one I hate. It's Murder on the Links. Maybe because it's my fav book, and in the adaptation there are soooooo many deviations.
  • Third Girl. I think it's better than the book.I also like Dead Man Folly(the one with David Suchet as Poirot). It's a very well done adaption.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I like all the Ustinov's except for Murder In Three Acts and I like all the oher Cinematic ones as The Question Asks Third Girl is a Tlevision Adaptation NOT a Film, if our Favourite Adaptations were asked for fine but they weren't I love The Man In The Brown Suit.
  • edited February 2015
    Ok, I know, sorry, but in my country you can watch them ( a few)only on tv, no matter cinematic ones or tv adaptions. In others cases, only if you buy the DVD.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Sorry for sounding Cross it is just something that Irritates me, A Movie is something which when it first comes out you see in a Cinema, where you can have Popcorn or Ice Cream in the Interval, The other Kind are Television Episodes. Sorry Again
  • ginestraginestra Lombardia, Italy
    I like sad cypress (David Suchet  serie).I watched it several times  but death on the Nile (1978) has no equal in my opinion.
  • I tried once watching an adoption but I didn't Like it I think I prefer reading ac's works and imagine her character than watching them '-'
  • Sorry for sounding Cross it is just something that Irritates me, A Movie is something which when it first comes out you see in a Cinema, where you can have Popcorn or Ice Cream in the Interval, The other Kind are Television Episodes. Sorry Again
    No problem, it's fine. I didn't even know that Ustinov's was actually a movie (I thought it was just like David Suchet series).
    And just for fun, here we don't have interval. If you want a pop corn, you have to buy before the movies starts.
  • Tim ThomasTim Thomas Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    I think 'And then there were None' would be the best movie/tv adaptation. Simply because it is a great  Christie story, also 'Crooked House', being one of her favourites and not a poirot or marple.
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    I agree with @Tim Thomas . The Rene Clairs film "And then there were none" is my favourite Agatha Christie movie adaptation.