fantastic detective

nats2309nats2309 Nottingham, United Kingdom
I am a big fan of Hercule Poirot I loved the way she described him in the books, how immaculate he was and how clever he was my least favourite book was curtain when he died it broke my heart my favourite book is death on the nile  loved the film version od it has well . 

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I am reading Curtaint now, the actual book is good, I agree that Death on The Nile is very Good as are both versions.
  • Actually, I didn't expect the ending of the Curtain. I was shocked when I read the ending, I got teary eyed for real. I really love Poirot. I was expecting him to grow old in a remote village or something like that :(
  • Wouldn't it be great if ITV or BBC were to write a new mystery for Jerry and Joanna Barton, from The Moving Finger, to solve, but a mystery set ten years further down the line. They'd be with their partners, doing countryside things. Perhaps they could have a re-occurrence of the former 'problem' letters, and a new crime would need to be solved.

TMF really is a very pleasant and uplifting book to read, and it would be great to see these two protaganist siblings again. I fancy that Joanna is modelled in a similar way to Theresa, in Dumb Witness, and I think they would probably look similar in AC's imagination.

Can anyone else think of characters in different books who are different with different names, etc, but broadly very similar to characters in other novels?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I agree Grizelda but It wouldn't be Jerry and Joanna it would be Jerry and Symmington's Step-Daughter as SPOILER ALERT they fell in love , although if hey lived ear Joanna and SPOILER ALERT again The Doctor they could have adventures and leave the other two Jerry's betrothed could work in the surgery or just be there, I haveoften thought about things like this like Colin and Battle's nephew in Towards Zero or The Offspring of Bunch and Lucy Eyelesbarrow teaming up or Tommy and Tuppence's Children or Lady Derwent and Bundle Brent or Anne Beddingfield and Eardsley or Colonel Race and the woman played by Rue McClannagh in the film (I personally thought what ITV did marrying Race off in Sparkling Cyanide was Brilliant) and what about Hasting Daughter being given cases by Ariadne that might work, The Possibilities are numerous.

Great Idea Grizelda

• I like these possibilities immensely, and feel that it ought to be done. It seems wrong to say goodbye to Lucy Eyelesbarrow when there is so much development to be had. 

I would like Egg and Oliver Manders SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT (Three Act Tragedy) to be bought a yacht by Oliver's rich uncle, and allowed to sail about before discovering a new mystery off the Cornish Coast. They could be a kind of Tommy and Tuppence with a nice contrast between their respective characters. Poirot could zoom in from time to time to point them in the right direction.