Sleeping Murder

Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
I am re-reading this Terrific Book now but this time something struck me as odd SPOILER ALERT!!!, when Gwen is talking to Miss Marple at the beginning Gwen Sys at one point the Captain of the Ship years earliern had Red Cheeks and then says he had a Beard (Perhaps the other way round), Miss Marple says she was describing two Voyages, Why couldn't The Captain have Red Cheeks and a Beard?
Tagged:

Comments

• TuppenceBeresfordTuppenceBeresford Hertford, United Kingdom

I've never noticed that! It does seem a bit odd. Maybe Miss Marple assumes his beard covers too much of his face to see the colour of his cheeks but I think everyone I've seen with naturally red cheeks has red cheekbones and I don't think I've ever seen a beard that covers the cheekbones.

I would guess that this part is used to show that Gwenda's memory is slightly faulty and that similar events can blur together into one - Gwenda's memories are obviously very important in this book so one of the characters probably does need to make this point. But there is probably a more convincing way of making the point.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Thank you Tuppence, That bit didn't seem right to me, someone I am friends with and used to be on this site said differently but I agree with you.