Witness for the Prosecution - Croydon - 23 to 26 April

Hello,

I'm delighted to be directing a production of Christie's courtroom classic Witness for the Prosecution this month in Croydon, South London.

At the Old Bailey, a young man called Leonard Vole stands accused of murder, and only the advocacy of famed defence barrister Sir Wilfrid Robarts can clear him. Circumstantial evidence piles up against Vole, until the Prosecution produce their star witness – Leonard’s glamorous wife, Romaine!

Twists unfold, secrets are unearthed and tension mounts, until the key question is asked: “Do you find the defendant guilty, or not guilty?” Of course, this being Agatha Christie, the verdict is only the beginning…

Witness for the Prosecution runs from Thursday 23 April to Sunday 26 April at the Braithwaite Hall, Croydon Clocktower, Katharine Street, Croydon, CR9 1ET, with evening performances on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:45pm and matinees on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 April at 2:30pm. Tickets cost £14 for adults and £12 for all concessions, and may be booked at www.codashows.co.uk, or by calling 07858 879 019. 

So that's the shameless plug, but I'm really enjoying directing it.  There are so many great moments of character and humour as well as the central "Did-he-or-didn't-he?" story.   While most of the audience will enjoy guessing whether to believe Romaine or Leonard Vole, and trying to work out who did kill Emily French if Leonard didn't, I'll be looking forward to Mr Myers' mannerisms, the Judge's slightly "out of touch" humour and Janet MacKenzie's disapproval of Leonard.  It's a terrific story, and very well told by Christie.

Comments