THE CLOCKS

I quite liked it. I remembered the murderer and I think that the vital clue SPOILER about Mrs Bland's sister was very well concealed in the text (although stressing the hair colour was a bit a give-away, it's not likely to make the correct assumption the first time you read it). The only thing I didn't like was the excessive discussions not relevant to the story. Yes, I agree the stories about fictional detectives were quite interesting but IMHO it pronloged the text unnecessarily and took off the tension

Comments

• edubeltranedubeltran Catalonia, Spain
    SPOILER  Besides, I don't think someone who must carefully conceal her identity would fall into such a heavy mistake revealing that she has a sister when she supposedly didn't
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    This is another Excellent Book, I think your Views are unnecessarily harsh edueltran, I loved the bits you highlight and I agree about Mrs Bland's Sister is carefully concealed, I didn't pick up on it.
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, Tommy_A_Jones. I'm probably much older than you, that's why you see me as picky, which I might well be. I realize many people would enjoy the bits about detective heroes but IMHO (and I want to stress that, just MY opinion) they took off some tension to which, to me, would have been an excellent book nearly as enjoyable as Cat amongst pigeons. That said, I really enjoy all (save two or three titles) of AC books, and the whole experience of reading them is really an adventure, even when you re-read them again. But I must admit, I like to look for inconsistencies, not only in AC's books, also in other books, any films, theatre plays... a bit of a game for me. I just hope no one takes any offence at it. and of course, if a book is so perfect i only can say so, i will do it very happily!
    You didn't offend me and I am sorry if I gave you the impression that you did, I am offended however by people who get a thrill out of looking for inconsistances, I think people who do are quite sad and spoil things for others, I don't know whether you are older than me but your Posts on this thread make me think you are very much younger and your age seems to be in single figures.
    oh, dear... whatever
    What a Childish and immature thing to say.
    Your opinion... fair enough
    I am glad you Like The Clocks and Cat Among The Pigeons though.