1988 Ustinov APPOINTMENT WITH DEATH

mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
Does anyone know why this is one of the only Ustinov  Poirot films not on dvd in the USA ?  There is a Region 2 dvd but it doesn't seem to have been issued in the USA.   I have the vhs tape, and although I don't think it is the strongest of the Ustinov films, it is far better than a few other Christie "made for TV" films I've seen or even the cinema released ORDEAL BY INNOCENCE (Donald Sutherland) falls below this one.
Thanks

Comments

• I don't know why, but it may have to do with the fact that this movie was produced by the Israeli Golan Globus company rather than a british or american company. 
    Why is there any problem transforming VHS into DVD? I had this movie on VHS and copied it onto DVD myself - I have the equipment - but any media lab could do it. If it is for home use, I don't think copyright laws apply, but you might want to check. If it is legal, I wouldn't mind mailing you a copy if you write your land address. (Of course with no charge - that would make it commerce and illegal).

Tali Avishay
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    thank you Tali.   I don't have the equipment but i know others who do.  I see it is also available on YOUTUBE.