Need just some clarification.

In the story "Sleeping Murder", is one of the characters in "By the Pricking of my Thumbs" referenced. I was just wondering as I know the story itself was published in 1976, but was written years earlier, I believe about forty. I was just wondering if I was right, and if so, was this intended to lead onto "By the Pricking of my Thumbs".
I hope someone can give me some clarity.

Thank You

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Are you referring to the "crazy old lady with a glass of milk," aka Mrs.Lancaster?   She has a cameo in Sleeping Murder and a significant role in By the Pricking of My Thumbs, and she's referenced in The Pale Horse, too.  Traditionally, Sleeping Murder was thought to have been written during WWII, but John Curran's research indicates that it wasn't written until up to a decade later.  Christie created Mrs. Lancaster, and got the idea to expand on her character in another book over a decade later.
  • Thank you, I was really fussing my self about it, please do not find me stupid, I have only really been a fan for a short while but have fallen in love with her books.

Thank you 
    I don't think that's a stupid question at all.  Mrs. Lancaster has been talked about a lot on this forum.  Have fun reading and discovering Christie's books!
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    I never realised that Mrs Lancaster is mentioned in Sleeping Murder and The Pale Horse.....And Mrs Dane Calthrop is also in The Pale Horse, i believe (Haven't read it yet,but it's next on the list) I've watched the Television adaptation with Miss Marple in it,so i don't know how different the book will be.....
    Both television adaptations of The Pale Horse are radically different from the book– the protagonists are changed a lot, and most recurring characters are missing.