Captain Arthur Hastings Vs Dr. John H. Watson: Similarities and Differences

I have recently written a post called 'Captain Arthur Hastings Vs Dr. John H. Watson: Similarities and Differences'. Kindly have a look on the post (link is given below) and give your views on the same. Any additional information will be included in a future post

https://pgalmora.wordpress.com/2015/05/21/captain-arthur-hastings-vs-dr-john-h-watson-similarities-and-differences/

Comments

• Just shared on my G+!
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Agreeing on most of your points Pankaj. A question: Did Watson have any kids? Because Hastings managed to have a daughter who played a role in one of AC's novels.

• Just shared on my G+!

Thanks you Cynthia V. Anderson. I do hope you liked the post.

• shana said:
    Agreeing on most of your points Pankaj. A question: Did Watson have any kids? Because Hastings managed to have a daughter who played a role in one of AC's novels.
    While we get reference of two wives of Watson, we do not get any reference of his kid.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Hastings had 2 sons and 2 daughters

• Hastings had 2 sons and 2 daughters

Thanks for adding the valuable information. Can you kindly provide the reference for the same? I will add the information in my post.
    Only one Daughter is named in Curtain
  • Only one Daughter is named in Curtain
    But you were saying that he had two sons and two daughters....
    Yes but only The one child is named.
  • Tommy_A_Jones: Ok, I will update my post accordingly. Thanks for your valuable input.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    @ Tommy, @ Pankaj : Hastings daughter in Curtain is named Judith and Grace is her sister.
    That is a pleasure Pankaj
  • @shana: Thank you...:)
    I missed that Thank you shana
  • luismkluismk Bariloche,Rio Negro, Argentina
    In his first novel, A.C. could not evade the influence of Conan Doyle, and created the Poirot - Hastings on the Holmes - Watson model formula.  But, there are some issues that highlight: as shown from the very beginning, sought to make a figure only similar to Holmes in his deductive power of Poirot. In mouth of Hastings, Poirot is presented as a ridiculous person in their appearance, and also informs us that he had once been a great detective, while Holmes appears in full activity. On the other hand, in a few years, and a couple of novels later, BC will be getting rid of the character of Hastings, making it away from his model, his work - and his detective - begins to take its own life