your top based on nursery rhymes christie novels

I noticed there are bunch of Christie novels which are based on famous nursery rhymes ,do you have any idea why ??

also rank your top based on nursery rhymes Christie novels. why does it seem that I know your first choice

:D ;)

Comments

• shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Well Maryamalbulushi, what is our first choice ? Do tell. Or are there none? 8-X
    Besides the obvious i liked "A pocket full of Rye" and" Five Little Pigs" also very much.
    =;.
  • Loved it :D @shana , BTW I didn't know the a pocket full of rye is based on a nursery rhyme!
    Yes, dear. It"s "Sing a Song of Sixpence". AC also based 2 short stories on the same nursery rhyme. Seems like she liked it a lot! ^:)^
  • I searched for the rhyme on YouTube and did guess one short story which is obviously" twenty four blackbirds" but what is the second one?
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I didn't think the Nursery Rhymes always worked if ever, especially not One Two Buckle My Shoe or Hickory Dickory Dock.
    Actually I can't think of one that did work.
    Maryamalbulushi AC used the 3 first lines of the rhyme as the titles to the stories she based on it. So now you know the second one is  the first one. L-)

So Tommy for you "there were none"?. :-q

You don't like to walk with the crowd don't you ...
  • edited June 2015

My top three "rhyme" favourites are:

1.  Crooked House.

2.  A Pocket Full of Rye

3.  Mrs McGinty's Dead

Strictly speaking, Mrs McGinty's Dead is more of a children's game than a nursery rhyme.   Still, I always count it in my own "rhyme" list.  The rest I rate as follows:

4.  One, Two, Buckle my Shoe

5.  Five Little Pigs

6.  Hickory, Dickory, Dock

7.  And Then There Were None

• Delicious_Death  you're the first one who ranked and then there were none as the least one , any reasons?

:-/
  • edited June 2015

maryamalbulushi           

First, there's no humour in ATTWN, and humour is one of the great charms of Agatha Christie's work for me.   Secondly, I can't warm to any of the characters because we learn very early in the book what they've done, and after that I don't particularly care about their fate.  Thirdly, it's not a detective story, so lacks all the fun of clues and red herrings.  It's a mystery with a very clever solution and I've read it several times, but it's not the kind of Christie that I love. 

II forgot about And Then There Were None, That does fit and Pocketful of Rye, also applies, Don't know what you mean by walking with the crowd but I am not a sheep,.
    Yes Tommy, you forgot the obvious. Despite three earlier comments in this discussion referring to ATTWN. including marymalbulushi"s one starting the discussion.

So final conclusion on "following"?

• @maryamalbulushi: I really liked 'And Then There Were None'. Recently I finished reading 'A Pocket Full of Rye' and I liked this one too. While I read 'The ABC Murders' too, I didn't like the book as much as I should. So far, my best book based on rhyme will be 'A Pocket Full of Rye'.
    Don't know what you mean by "Following" Can't see how One Two Buckle My Shoe or Hickory Dickory Dock follow the Rhymes.
  • oh i don't know how i forgot about " three blind mice" although it's not a book but some  did print it as a single book so i will consider it with them and it's a very really good book/ story