AC"s "James Bond" story

Who has read AC's "James Bond" story? 

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    What James Bond Story?
  • Was there something like that?? Sorry @shana I didn't read it
  • It was a story about a man named James Bond and he has an adventure. He was not a brave spy or anything, just a young man whose girlfriend was staying in a posh hotel while he was in lower cost accommodation. He finds a valuable jewel and has an adventure.

I enjoyed it.

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    "The Rajah's Emerald."  Christie created a character named James Bond who is nothing like the spy Fleming would later create.

I like the story I read the one like it every Christmas.

• shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Yess, anne and GKCfan that's the one. It's one of the stories in the The Listerdale mystery. and Tommy: I'm surprised?! You like it!
    Why?
    Why?
    You not being a sheep and all ... that's why.
    By the way, I wonder how AC chose the name James Bond. According to GKCfan Fleming's spy had yet to be born. So maybe I should ask, how did Fleming decide on the name?
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    The name James Bond came from that of the American ornithologist James Bond a bird expert and author. Fleming, a keen birdwatcher himself, had a copy of Bond's guide and he later explained to the ornithologist's wife that "It struck me that this brief, unromantic, Anglo-Saxon and yet very masculine name was just what I needed, and so a second James Bond was born".
    Thx, Frank. Do you know if AC has ever read any of Fleming's work or if she ever voiced an opinion about his James Bond?
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    According to Sanders and Lovallo's The Agatha Christie Companion, Christie did say that she'd read and enjoyed a few of Fleming's James Bond books, saying that "They're fun."