How many Agatha Christie's have you read?

2»

Comments

• @shana: Thanks for your warm wishes...:)
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    edited June 2015
    Yes, I do, Tommy_A_Jones. I prefer Death comes as the end. For me, Endless Night is not a "detective novel" and when I started to see that way, I started to appreciate a little more. I don't think they're marvelous, but they're not so awful. They're nice.
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    ChristieFanForLife: That is great news that Sophie Hannah will continue writing more Poirot novels. I look forward to the next one with great antisipation.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I thought Endless Night was in desperate need of a recurring Character, I applaud Agatha for trying to write a book in ancient Egypt but I wish it could have been a bit more up-tempo I suppose, less slow, It had the slowness of Endless Night, Sparkling Cyanide and Passenger to Frankfurt but should have had the warmth of And Then There Were None.
  • roughly about 5/6 but got about 15 on the shelf still to go
  • @Luke: I have just finished my 18th book. Do hope to finish others soon.
  • One other is added to my list " miss marpel final cases"
  • Marple** my mistake ^_^

I always enjoy Miss Marple short stories.

Sometimes, I think Miss Marple short stories plot are more well build than a few Poirot.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    @tudes: I tend to agree. The Tuesday club stories come to mind. It feels like AC enjoyed writing Miss Marple stories more than the "on demand" Hercule novels to satisfy her publisher and readers.
    Yes I think that too, perhaps it is just that there are more Poirot Short stories so more chance of having a not as good one, I can only think of 3 Miss Marple short stories I would perhaps not rush to read, The Bungalow, The Tape Measure and The Caretaker stories, It used to be Ingots of Gold and The Astatte one too but I like them now.
    @shana. I was thinking about this book. I really like it.
    Of course, there're a lot of great Poirot short stories too, but there're a few that is not so good as Miss Marple.
    Sometimes, I think Miss Marple's way of solving crimes fits better this type of story (short one) than Poirot.
    I agree and the situations The Tuesday Club and The Church in Sanctuary, Srange Jest makes me like Jane Hellier a bit like Death On The Nile makes me like Colonel Race
  • Oh my god I read the dress maker's doll what with that scary doll I would definitely burned her or even leave that house and am serious about it .. BTW I don't have any phobia of dolls but this one freaked me out.. I don't like these kind of stories which has no "real" end
    I have that on Audio Cassette read by Anna Massey
    @ maryamalbulushi: I liked the dress makers's doll al lot. Doesn"t it remind you of present day horror movies like Chucky? >:)
    Infact, a lot of AC"s material can be found in work of other authors.If that's an coincedence I don"t know. Like for instance Hitler alive in Argentina from the infamous "Passenger to Franfurt" and having time to father a son. Read Ira Levin"s "The Boys from Brazil", it has  the nazi "Angel of Death" Joseph Mengele and clones instead of sons of Hitler scattered across the world.

• That's exactly what It reminds me with chucky ~_~ I hate that doll also BTW I find him silly especially after it's second movie
  • luismkluismk Bariloche,Rio Negro, Argentina
    I agree, I read over and over again all the works except Passanger to Frankfort, which I never finished, and the stories of Mary W.

I like so much , for many reasons ,  the ABC murders,The seven dials mystery, The man in the Brown suit, Murder at the vicariage, Toward Zero, The moving finger and others but my favourite is The murder of Roger Ackroyd.

• luismk said:
    I agree, I read over and over again all the works except Passanger to Frankfort, which I never finished, and the stories of Mary W.

I like so much , for many reasons ,  the ABC murders,The seven dials mystery, The man in the Brown suit, Murder at the vicariage, Toward Zero, The moving finger and others but my favourite is The murder of Roger Ackroyd.

That is my favourite too :)