Comments

• It will be a monumental feat to top the stars appearing in & Grammy nominated musical score that the great Director Sidney Lumet was able to accomplish in the Oscar winning, 1974 version of Murder on the Orient Express. If anyone could, I fully trust Branagh to bring it back to its Full Glory!
    www.imdb.com/title/tt0071877 
  • I think the best idea would be to follow the sequence of events true to the novel. I think the chance to score a triumph might be in the casting. There could be some really surprising and impressive cameo roles.

It wouldn't hurt though, at the start, to show a few 'at a distance', and brief shots of lovers walking through the park, a nanny saying goodbye to her father, and a cook in tears, so that when the history of the characters is revealed, we can say, " Ah that was them, at the beginning!" 
  • Griselda Wonderful idea for the True to The Novel with the brief shots as an introduction before the characters board the train. Lets hope Branagh reads these posts from enthusiasts!
  • Thank you Cynthia. It's possible he'll read them because, if you google 'Agatha Christie', the site comes up first, and a director would want to do some research - unless he's already an avid fan - which would be better still!