Who wants another one?

Who thinks that the Write Your Own Christie contest should be done again?

Comments

• I think it might be hard sharing the writing of one story - but we could write our own, and see what others think. To collaborate, we could advertise the skills we think we have, and offer to help each other out. I think that I can do the dialogue:

"Bien entendu, mon brave!" 

"Monsieur, you must write down the words precisement, that the good Colonel Danvers spoke." 
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    edited July 2015
    Yes, please!
    I've enjoyed each and every minute of the Write Your Own Christie Competition! Writing one chapter at a time on a deadline was exiting. Being part of a collaborative writing event was thrilling and the difficulty of having to adjust one's story line chapter after chapter just added to the overall appeal! What a challenge!
    I miss it!
    Murder In A Green And Pleas...
  • Yes it was a brilliant idea and I'm sure it helps aspiring writers to focus on the challenges creating a story entails. It certainly gave me the confidence to get on and write and my first book (a textbook) was published last month. All thanks to Agatha Christie Ltd for giving me the confidence to try.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    I would love to see this and watch how it progresses.However i would not take part as i do not have the talent for such things...But i look forward to seeing your results....
  • AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    Congratulations to Col Bantry for your success in publishing a book. That is a great achievement. I too would not take part, having no skill, but would look forward to the results.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I look forward to seeing the results but I wouldn't enter either as any Ideas I have I would think is an Idea I couldn't use myself, I know I have no chance of having anything published but I would just prefer to keep any Ideas I have to myself which is why I would never divulge anything about the story I am writing apart from saying there is a male sleuth and a female sleuth and my starting point was an Agatha Christie Novel, Anyway Good Luck and I look forward to reading it. 
  • I think it's a wonderful idea. I know some of her techniques: a sudden twist straight after a obvious indication to the murderer, etc.
    edited December 2015
    Thank you, Agatha Christie!
    You've inspired and motivated me to finish and publish my first book on Amazon Kindle. It is a collection of twelve children's stories, "Little Friends, Big Adventures" by Patricia Furstenberg. Please feel free to have a look :)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018PTM4H4

• Well done Pat. You should be very proud of yourself. I suspect, like me, the writing of WYO Christie gave you the confidence in yourself to write more. All thanks to AC and Agatha Christie Ltd. Congratulations. I hope it sells well. Roger Hoke.
    Thank you very much, Roger!
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    I finished reading the first WYO Christie and it was wonderful! If they did another one, I wonder what story they would base it off of.
  • What is the first WYO Christie to which you are referring, please, CrookedQuin?
    Oh, the 'murder in a green and pleasant land' I was sent a link and I thought it was a cool idea and a great story!
    @austin.pearce.35
    I have not been here very long, but after reading a murder in a green in pleasant land it seems phenomenal how the story was written and I am unsure on how it works but it seemed wonderful! Maybe the story could be based off of Murder is Easy, as that has many possibilities as a village mystery, or The Moving Finger as that can include both blackmail and murder, or a family secluded suspects case such as Crooked House or Hercule Poirot's Christmas. Or one taking place abroad, or a historical mystery in the vein of Death Comes As The End.

All of the aforementioned stories have ambiguous openings, like Murder is Easy could begin after the encounter of the main character and the old lady, and the Moving Finger when Jerry moves into the town, or Crooked House when Charles is summoned to the house and is stopped by policemen investigating the premesis, Hercule Poirot's Christmas after Pilar and Stephen, and one taking abroad would begin when they first find themselves in the nautical vehicle, such as a ship or a plane. Death Comes As The End with Renisenb looking at the Nile in wonder, introducing us to her character wonderfully. 

@Griselda I was referring to the contest's story, Murder in a Green and Pleasant Land.

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    What does WYPO mean?
    Sorry I meant Write Your Own (WYO) Christie.