How Many AC books are on your shelf at the moment

how many are on your shelf at the moment and how many have you read so far?
Also if how many are there to get to complete the set of eg. Poirot, Marple ect

Comments

• I have got about three quarters of them, although some, such as Third Girl, and Death in the Clouds, being 1970s publications, are in such small print, and would hurt my eyes,  that I wouldn't care to read them. I shall have to use Amazon to replace these. I found a good second hand bookshop in Bognor Regis when I visited Butlins holiday camp there. Lots of AC novels, including those which are hard to source.

I have read all the Poirot, Marple and Beresford novels and the non--series.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    I have got 64 novels and 11 collections of short stories in Dutch. In English I still have 21 titles missing from my collection. Haven't checked how many Poirot, Marple etc.

Of the Mallowan titles I have only got 1.

Why are you asking @Luke? Are you able to help with completing our collections?
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I have a Bookshelf of all the Christie Detective Fiction she wrote and The Autobiography and have read them all some a few times.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    edited July 2015
    I have all of the crime novels in portuguese. Nine in english and three in french. I've read almost all of them.
  • I have all of them except the Mary Westmacotts and "Come Tell Me How You Live".

When I was a teenager in the 70s, my mother bought me the Hamlyn "Crime Collection" series with three volumes in one. These contained all the novels and short story collections available at that time.

I bought copies of the novels and other collections brought out after the series finished.

Unfortunately, I lent one of my "Crime Collection" books to a friend and she lost it while moving house. I am still cranky about that more than thirty years later. I had to go out and replace the three stories that had been lost.

Now I very rarely lend books to anyone.

• FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    I have every book Agatha Christie has every written as well as all the graphic novel adaptations plus dozens of DVDs. They are all on a bookshelf reserved just for Agatha Christie. There is just a bit of room left on the bookshelf just in case the day comes when they discover an unpublished manuscript. I live in hope.   
  • 3rdGirl3rdGirl New South Wales, Australia
    I have all the Poirot DVD's.  I've read all the Poirot's and Marples. I don't own them as I borrowed most of them from the library.

I've not really enjoyed the Tommy and Tuppence novels. I did enjoy the Superintendent Battles ones though!

I wish I had a collection like yours @Frank!

I have had Poirot's ABC Murders and EvilUnder The Sun on Video for ages, I managed to get my Favourite Episodes singularly and 2wo others on 1 DVD but had to buy The Clocks with 3 I didn't really want.

• Wow,@frank you're sooo lucky it's like you have your own mini library which we should pay a visit ^_^
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    @Frank: John Curran did find some unpublished story-ideas/notes of AC. Do you have those on your shelf?
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    I have a few. Mostly the one's that caught my imagination form reading the back page of the book.I have some of the facsimile editions,This may sound stupid,but they make me feel more connected to the time the particular book was written,as i can imagine someone of the period reading the book with the same cover and type set......The intention is to have every one....but early days !!!!

I have the same way of Choosing to buy a Book that you do MarcWatson-Gray, If I don't like the Blurb on The Back, I might not buy it or as I bought the Set Of ACs I read them 1st time round sometimes reading the ones with the best synopsis earlier than others and sometimes leaving the best till last but now I am re-reading them in Chronological order Missing out the ones I dislike.

• FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    @shana : Yes I have them on my shelf as well. My favourite which includes a contribution by John Curran is "Hercule Poirot and the Greenshore Folly" which was written in the 1954 but not published until 2014. I hope there will be more discoveries like this in the future.
  • I am proud to say I have every one of the Bantam Book Club Series of Agatha Christies!   I read each one immediately on arrival, so they have all been read at least 1 time.   After I got the last novel, I received a letter congratulating me for getting the whole series!  It offered me the book shelf made for them, and I deeply regret not getting it.  I think I have that letter too, somewhere!   My dream is to have an autographed novel!   Congratulations, Frank, you have quite an extensive collection!
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    edited July 2015

I have all the novels and plays in paperback, some of them (1st ed USA versions) in hardback, a few 'movie-tie-ins", plus I have all the films and BBC audio adaptations on cd & dvd,  plus several of the books on cd (ex: Hickson's readings of the Marple short stories) .   Plus 4 or 5 biographies, special encyclopedias on Christie (ex: Christie A-Z) and about a dozen playbills of the shows from the 1940s up to the present,   I am a Christie enthusiast  !

• I have nine books of my own including The ABC Murders  and Nemesis. As for editions that belong to other members I must have about 30 in total. I have read them all many many times. Crooked House I must have read well over 100 times and the same applies to The man in the brown suit.
  • SiddharthaSSiddharthaS Michigan, United States
    ALL.  In fact I have bought several copies of many of her books simply because people would borrow them and fail to return.  

I have all of them, I have the ones I will never read again on the Bottom Shelf and I have The Joan Hickson Miss Marple Video's on the Middle shelf, The rest of the Middle Shelf is taken up with some of my Favourites, I intend it to be for Capers like The Bundle Books and Why Didn't They Ask Evans and The Man In The Brown Suit but it could also have my Favourites like ABC Murders, Cards On The Table, A Murder Is Announced.The Clocks, Sleeping Murder 4.50 From Paddington, N or M and Partners In Crime, The tp shelf is in Chronological order not counting the ones I am done wth and as I finish the one on the far left it goes onto perhaps the Middle shelf but probably nearer the left of the bottom shelf, The Poirot and Miss Marple short story books apart from The Thirteen Problems. 

• nefnef Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    I am a very sad case - I have hardbacks of all 80 books and paperbacks of them too (for reading) I am lucky enough to have first editions of everything from Crooked House onwards and a signed copy of "By the Pricking of My Thumbs". 

Then I have got all the Tom Adams covers from the UK and the USA; several foreign language copies from various holidays; Comics and Greenway editions.

With all the other books about her I think I have got about 450 on my shelves!!!!

• AnubisAnubis Ontario, Canada
    Gee, that's even more than me. Although I do have some hardcover for "display" and paperbacks for reading.
    nef, you aren't sad, I had some of the Paperbacks, and then got the Hardbacks after they were Advertised on Television and gave my Paperbacks to someone who I know won't appreciate them, I wish I had the Paperbacks.
  • ginestraginestra Lombardia, Italy
    I have got  about  60 ;) dvds , some old VHS  and 9 books.