Development of the Agatha Christie website

Hello Agatha Christie fans,

The team at Agatha Christie are developing a plan to improve the website based on user-experiences to make our site a useful, informative and exciting online platform which keeps you up to date with the latest news and encourages sharing among our fan base.

From today, you’ll notice the home page will change somewhat, and the banner on the home page which some of you may use to access the community forum will be moved. If you are not automatically signed into your account to access the community forum from the homepage scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red button which says ‘view the community forum’. To access the forum from other pages, please click ‘visit the community forums’ at the top of the page.

The full update of the website won’t be completed until the end of the year and as loyal and knowledgeable Agatha Christie fans, we would love for you to be a part of this ongoing development. If you would like to be involved or have any comments on the changes we’ve made to the homepage please get in touch with us through the forum or email [email protected]

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Bring back the Facility whereby you have 30 minutes or whatever it is to change or delete your Post, Also have a facility whereby you can complain about Spammers
  • Yeah I agree .. We want deleting your post or comment facility
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    As do I...I have just posted a comment with an error and would love the changed to edit.....
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    See what i mean....Should have read chance !!!!
  • Yes agreed - many a time I have read back my post to see glaring errors, esp incorrect quoting of titles *gasp*

Did we ever work out how the SPOILER function worked (without just writing it in caps) to notify there were spoilers ahead (and perhaps masking the text below unless clicked upon?) 

Other than that, I love the website and opportunity to share the love! Thank you.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    I never understood what the Flag function, option Troll should be used for. Please explain.
    And I would  like to suggest that the administrator of this forum is given the right to block or delete comments or participants from a discussion or the forum based on certain criteria, which should be made clear to all participants at joining the forum. 
    It would also be handy if there was a spell-check available as many participants are from non-English speaking countries. Sometimes misspelled words make it difficult to understand certain posts.
    Also positive on delete/edit possibility and masked spoilers. Thank you for the opportunity to make suggestions. 

:) :)
  • Please add the category "Book of the Month."  Prior to the redesign, the Book of the Mon was in 2 separate discussion topic locations. Now it appears it is completely gone. Does this mean you have eliminated Book of the Month since there was Not a title announced for July?
  • StuartBarnettStuartBarnett Connecticut, United States
    I can't resist asking: why does the location of an admin here indicate Cuanza Norte, Angola? 
  • Yes, Stuart, I am intrigued too!!! This is a mystery I want to know the answer to more than I want to know what happened to Jane Finn.
  • There are a fascinating couple of posts on the 'recent activity' page. Who can say why they have been dedicated to a forum about Dame Agatha Christie. I really feel we are in the middle of our own mystery. Questions about rights to stage plays remain mysteriously unanswered; interesting addresses for the location of admin have been published; certain processes are adhered to with regard to sorting posts, but other tasks like changing the book of the month strangely abandoned. I wonder if a little machine such as SPOILER ALERT Dr Sheppard's in The Murder of Roger Ackroyd has been left in charge of the site, and it also is sub-commissioned to run a farming website, and the tapes have got confused. I hope nothing has happened to the powers that be. Surely having complete power over the adaption of the non-serial AC novels for television isn't sufficient inducement to make somebody ........but no, surely not.......du du duh!,,,,
  • MoonrakerMoonraker Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    I rarely use the 'community' section, as I find it so user-unfriendly. This site needs a forum such as the Enid Blyton Society forum, so easy to use. 
    www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/forums
    I tried to join yesterday and couldn't as I must have joined ages ago and couldn't remember my Username or password.
    Is there a Contact button then?