How would Agatha have dealt with today's media ?

I have read that Agatha Christie was quite publicity shy and that she described herself as "a writer and not a celebrity" The media coverage of her disappearance in 1926 only made matters worse (i believe)
How do you feel that she would have dealt with the mass media we have today  eg: Facebook,Instagram,Tabloid newspapers,etc etc 
Would she have had to (maybe unwillingly) embrace some of this or would it have forced her into giving up on writing ?
Would we as fans (as individuals ) pounce on every written article  or speculation about her private life ?
Would knowing more about her,have enhanced/detracted or made no difference to how we read her books ?

Comments

• I suppose we may look to the talented JK Rowling as guide to how AC might have coped with her unprecedented fame, poularity and reputation. There has been a home abroad, comments on certain political decisions and some endorsements. I would guess that, like Ms Rowling, AC would have kept a dignified aspect at all times, and endeavour to use her appeal, and you could say power, to promote good causes. We could also look to the very popular and feted children's novelist, Jacqueline Wilson, and wonder whether AC, like Miss WIlson, would have produced a weekly magazine for her fans, and answered their emailed questions. Probably, I'd say. Her work spanned a great era: it may have been different had she acquired her great fame when in her thirties, but to be honest, I think AC's real fame came after she was of the age when you withdraw from the latest trends, and maybe don't have stamina to keep up with a round of media visits. One thing I do believe, is that there would be no ' Go Warn the Lodge Keeper' or similarity titled early prototype for her first great success: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. No speculation about whether any of her lately discovered pieces ought to have published, because they would all have been great. I amsure that all her juvenilia, all her first attempts were perfect fledgling works and not dead ducks to the high-soaring mockingbird. I am not sure how much AC would have wanted to speak about politics, or set up charities, but I kind of feel she would have let her stories do the talking. I think she expressed herself through her art. She might have been a patron of the National Trust, and might have fought to save woodland near to where she lived.
  • I also thought of J.K.Rowlings in terms of preserving privacy while keeping in touch.
    As for "Go set a Watchman" - have a heart! Have you read Jane Austen's early efforts? or Louisa May Alcott's? Believe you me, they are much much worse! For me, the real tragedy of "Watchman" is that Harper Lee never re-edited it under the guidance of an experienced editor, because she was advised to re-write it from the young Scout's viewpoint - which resulted in the great "Mockingbird", but left "Watchman" rather raw. I'm sure Agatha Christie also wrote some pretty unpolished works before she started publishing (as a matter of fact, she says so in her autobiography) - don't forget she started writing as a child. 
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    edited August 2015
    I think she will keep some distance, but this behaivor would increase her stress in dealing with this kind of media and her shyness. On the other hand, it would increase the curiosity about her life and her popularity.
    Maybe, in the end, she would embrace some of these, but without exaggeration. She wouldn't post every moment of her life. She would post or write just things about her work and very restrained.
    At least, in my opinion as a fan, I'm not so curious about her life. I mean, it's very good to know how she wrote, her motivations,the whole process of creation, but not her private life. And, I certainly, would be a fan if I knew more about her. I'm interested in her work. I'm a very big fan despite of everything. It was through her books (reading her books) that I started enjoying reading and this nothing can damage.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I don't think Agatha Christie would deal with The Media very well at all She made some mistakes with Names Joan/Joyce, Bert/Harold Etc and the Media would love to pick her up on that. 
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    I wonder if after some intrusive report of her personal life,people would read her (relevant) book and try to match a character or a fictional event to her real life situation....Even if it weren't true..she would probably have to spend a lot of time denying it or having to ignore it............That would be upsetting....
    She might just say Oh well and Write a Book where a Reporter gets Murdered.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    Yes..C'est La Vie.........probably the best way to deal with it.......
    Oui Mon ami